Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roope Latvala goes ESP...

Originally posted by skidd:
    The star to me is a ripped of version of Eddie’s chopped up explorer.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's basically how Wayne Charvel came up with the Star. EVH came in with his guitar all mangled (and it sounded like crap after Eddie took the big chunk of wood out of it), Wayne made him another like it and called it the "Star".
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
      The star to me is a ripped of version of Eddie’s chopped up explorer. Not my thing. Wouldn’t sell very many to the Nu-Metal crowd.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think too many of the gnu-metal crowd will be buying them because of Roope either. The folks into his music might though...
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RattleHead:
        I mean honestly. They've ripped off the Rhoads, the King V, and the Star. ALL IN THE LAST YEAR!!!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...yet Jackson does nothng but stand by and let them. Fender messed with Charvel for Strat heads, and now Fender owns Charvel/Jackson, I really am surprised to see them NOT protecting their investment.

Comment

You can't trademark bodies. Only headstocks. Let's not even bring up the fact that Charvel raped Fender's designs for all they were worth.

Comment

VERY true, BM! It's funny to see those who know little about the history of electric guitars get indignant because one thief took the idea from another! Yet they'll copy their favorite players' techniques and say they're "influenced" by them! Aren't you really stealing licks and ideas so you can present them in a slightly different way and be a pro musician? Don't you describe yourself as
            "like ___________ but heavier/faster or more complex?" Some of you will say you don't sound like anyone else, but that'll
            be deception, aimed at us and/or yourself. The fact is that everyone gets
            ideas from others, that's the nature of humanity. WE try to protect our best ideas with copyrights and patents, but can only do so within narrow limits.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When i saw COB and Dimmu Borgir they were playin jackson V's ( except for alexi)

Comment

Actually, COB are playing ESPs except that Roope went back to his Rhoads after they started. It'll be a shame if he gets canned from the band, or gets the band sued, over it though. One good lawsuit from ESP with their bucks could bring COB down.

I personally think Alexi'd fire Roope first. Roope's his idol, but he'd save himself first, rightly so too.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

With Sinergy appearing to be in the toilet, I'll bet you end up seeing Roope become a fulltime member of COB even though Alexi said he's just filling in. My hope is that eventually Alexi and Roope will start another band and continue on in the Sinergy-type style. However, COB seems to be taking off and now performing in the states so who know if they'll even have time to make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    You can't trademark bodies. Only headstocks. Let's not even bring up the fact that Charvel raped Fender's designs for all they were worth.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure about that? Gibson was successful at getting both Ibanez and ESP to quit making explorer KO's.

Besides, if a strat head is what Fender is waiting for:

http://www.espguitars.net/navigator/2004/nst300r.html

http://www.espguitars.net/navigator/2004/nst300m.html

http://www.espguitars.net/navigator/2004/nte280ltd.html

http://www.espguitars.net/navigator/2004/nte300ctm.html

http://www.espguitars.net/navigator/2004/njb280ltd.html

Comment

Yes, I'm sure about that. I've discussed this with a former product manager for a major manufacturer. *cough* [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think Gibson just manages to strike deals with manufacturers once they're seen as a threat. Dean and Hamer don't seem to have any problem ripping of the Explorer, but Jackson, ESP, and Ibanez can't. I don't know the specifics of that situation, but I wish I did. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X