Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evanescence on Jay Leno Tonight!!! (Jackson artist)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evanescence on Jay Leno Tonight!!! (Jackson artist)

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
    Eh Evanescence are Lacuna Coil wannabes...All of a sudden all these pop loving friends I have like Evanescence but don't even know who Lacuna Coil are...Damned record labels...if they'd spend some money marketing some of the underground metal bands like Lacuna Coil I'm sure metal would be a much more profitable genre....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, so very true!! I say, FU(K the major labels. They are all incestual corporate WH0RES who all deserve to get rammed in the ass by AIDS infested rhinos! TRUE metal will always live in the underground.

Comment

ok, in that case: Evanescence was underground until this year. I'm starting to hear Lacuna Coil on WAAF here in Mass...So perhaps Evanescence's success will bring Lacuna Coil into the mainstream. Who knows?
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I didn't like Evaves...ah what ever they are called ....just sounds like Disturbed or Lincon Park crap w / a Broad ....whoppppeeeeee [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

....if thed had or have a rapper in the mix ....then I'm right and CASE CLOSED!!!!! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

.....That's what I know.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn Brian!!! you sound like a long lost brother of mine.......

Come to think of it......

I dont know my father......

Hold old you say you were again??
          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoads83:
            Damn Brian!!! you sound like a long lost brother of mine.......

Come to think of it......

I dont know my father......

Hold old you say you were again??
            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is too funny!! I am 'only' 36, so I doubt it. Maybe in another life, though... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas:
              Evanescence has been around since 98 or 99
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lacuna Coil have been on a record label since '96...and even if Evanescence were underground until recently, that doesn't mean they didn't steal their sound from another band...my band is pretty friggin' underground and I listen to other bands, so it's not like being in an underground band means you can't hear music to rip it off, lol

Comment

is one of their guitarists using an SLSMGT live btw?
                I was zapping today and got to see one of their shows... for me it lookes like a kind of dinky shaped guitar but not the usual jackson headstock...
                I wasn't able to read what was written on it, sorry...

anyone knows it?
                I know he uses an DKMG but anyone can confirm the SLSMGT?
                I'm just curious... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

gonna check out lacuna coil... are they less 'nu-metal' than Evanescence?

Comment

Yes ...They are not "Nu" at all...
                    Dude also check out Nightwish , Arch Enemy , Tristiana , Rain Fell Within , The Gathering (my fave) , Therion , Sinergy , Edenbridge , Lullacry , Lana Lane ..... man there is so many True Metal female fronted bands that never get any rcognition and they are Ions above this mainstream , American Idol , Cheezball Rap/Gospel/R&B same 'ol , same 'ol Bullcrap....it's a friggin shame already [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

...Here in the States you have to conform to a certain image and talent means nothing!!!

Trends and Image ...that's it!!!!

[ July 13, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, Amy from Evanescence acknowledges that she's a Lacuna Coil fan, so just like Yngwie plays a Strat and dresses like Ritchie Blackmore, So Amy's copping
                      some of Cristina Scabbia's stuff.

If you like it, it's "influenced by".
                      If you DON'T like it, it's "a ripoff".

Better Evanescence than the next N'Sync as far as American record sales, which the American Record biz DOES suck, but better Amy Lee than Justin Jr.

None of those great bands Bill named can
                      even get their record companies to bring
                      them over here to tour! How sad is that?
                      Hell, The Scorpions were together 10 years and made 7 albums before they were allowed to tour the US! If Mercury Records wouldn't take a chance, then Nuclear Blast and Spinefarm aren't likely to either. That's another big factor keeping true metal off of our shores; the European labels don't have the $ to send most of their bands over here. I'm sure if the bands came over, they'd sell tickets, but they won't know until they
                      try, and they're afraid to lose their a$$
                      if tix don't sell.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You are a wise man sir [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Fortunately, we have a pretty good metal scene in parts of Canada like Montreal...so when bands come to Montreal they usually come to Toronto too...Nightwish is playing a Montreal gig soon (or just did?) and they've never toured North America, and Montreal was the only gig they played...

Comment

Naw I would rather see NSync Popular than Evanesence. At least N Sync are just trying to be exactly what they are a POP band. They market themselves as such etc... They freely admidt it is all about image etc..

That other band I have no love for. Until this thread came up I thought it was seriously a Linkin Park song with a female guest singer. IMO only. All are netitled of your opinion and yours is no better than mine mine is no bette than yours
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

If you would rather see NSync Popular Evanesence, knock yourself out......

Comment

I would. You see I like to see musicians succeed ya know but everyone who does succeed is going to be classified as a sellout or listed guyswho deserve it more (ie Petrucci - Romeo deserves it more blah blah blah). Also I tend not to like stuff that others like on a grand scale. Easily irritated I am by that. I know there are not many poser Nevermore or Opeth fans easier for me to like them but say Nevermore was as popular as N Sync I know a few of us would turn sour on them.
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X