Queensryche - Tribe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Queensryche - Tribe

Petrucci usually plays his EB/MM signature model--I'd be highly surprised if Petrucci was playing an Anderson. He does use a 7-string version on some stuff, but maybe he's not doing that for this tour, since their set is quite a bit shorter than the normal DT set. They are an amazing band, though, aren't they? Might not be something a non-musician would dig that much, but collectively, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more-talented group of musicians on any stage.

BTW, DT isn't really the "opener" for Queensryche on this tour. They are co-headliners. DT will be closing most of the shows in the eastern US, where their fanbase is more concentrated. DT did the same thing with Satriani last year. Satch closed the shows in the west and DT in the east.

Comment

I'm sure Greg can tell an EBMM from an Anderson, and he was there. Remember there were some big QC issues with the Petrucci model, so maybe he's miffed at EBMM about that, and bringing more reliable guitars on the road.

Mike Stone had no goatee and did have head hair when I met him, but he did already have thick glasses. They were shades, but you could tell they were prescription because the lenses were real thick, and he wore them inside the rehearsal room! Great guitarist, though I'm sure they're reining him in for Wilton's sake.

Tate's bald now, eh? He should call Don
      Dokken and find out where Wig-O-Rama is located! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I caught the show in Tulsa last night too. Mike stone got some lead time, I think he played all the lead for jet city woman at least. Seemed pretty good. I was kinda shocked to see Geof with his head shaved and that maternity style shirt... but everyone did a great job.

Dream theater played mostly stuff off the metrop. pt 2 cd, and I wondered if it would go over well for people who had never heard it, but it seemed to. Overall one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

Comment

I certainly don't mean to impugn Greg's ability to spot guitars! It would just be really surprising to me if Petrucci were using an Anderson. For one thing, I don't ever recall seeing a 24-fret Anderson, and Petrucci is very much a '24-fret guy'.

Of course, Andersons are a little over my pay grade, so it's not like I spend a lot of time looking around for them... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, I'm probably totally wrong. I don't know a lot about Andersons or EB's. It probably was the EB model.

Comment

Well, in that case I apologize to Pro-Fusion for defending you, Greg! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I didn't think about the 24-fret issue
              either. I imagine Anderson would make
              'em for you though, wouldn't they? They
              are pretty much all custom, eh?

We need Terrax to chime in; he's a dedicated Anderson man!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

So, how did my boy Mike sound? He's using ESP Les Paul style guitars. ESP got him to endorse very quickly. He is using the new Randall amps to, which also has the endorsement. Usually he's a die hard marshall nut, but he is very happy with the Randalls.
                1990 Jackson Professional
                1992 Dean ML
                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                2005 Epiphone Dot
                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                2006 Fender P Bass
                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                Custom Pedalboard