Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Queensryche - Tribe

So Brian, you don't remember me??

We played a show with White Raven at the Bottom Line in Cleveland. I was the guitarist for Paradox. We did all the Savatage and Maiden. I had the Lightning Bolt USA Jackson Fusion and the big rack!!

I remember you now!! I was trying to buy your Reverse Headstock White Dot Inlay Jackon!!

Haha...

Comment

Wow, unless I had a bad acid trip that erased all my memory banks, you might be talking about a different White Raven. We were out of New York state. I don't RECALL playing there (not saying I didn't) but 10 years worth of gigs is a long time. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Whatever the case, you are a cool dude anyway, so... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Oh, and to pro-fusion: Well, Maiden, to me, will always be hard pressed to top what they did in the 80's, and with that mindset, "Brave New World" kind of let me down in a way. Not saying it was bad - it blows away alot of things these days - but the speed factor was severely lacking, and the harmony solos were waaaaay too sparse. Brign back the trademark soloing, guys!! PLEASE!

[ June 18, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
        my buddy Mike Stone is playing guitar in place of Chris right now. He is really talented, and is a excellent singer as well. He also helped to write alot of the new album. He used to be the singer for Peter Chriss's solo stuff, and has worked with a bunch of big time people. Last I heard, they were doing well, and everything was going great. With Mike in the band, it should not be disappointing. Give the guy a chance. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is he the same Mike Stone who sang for a band called Eden in the late 80s? And does he own a black BC Rich Mockingbird with cloud inlays? If so, I can attest that the guy's a killer guitarist and singer. If not, then I can't attest, but
        if he got the Queensryche gig he must be
        pretty good, Kelly Gray notwithstanding.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Iron Maiden? I thought "Brave New World" was pretty cool.

Comment

Wow Brian. That's too funny. There was a White Raven that, as far as I know, was based in Columbus Ohio for years. The lead guitarist's name was Brian also. And played strictly Jacksons too!!!

Weird stuff dude!

Comment

I believe he was. He's been around the block a few times. I've only known him for about 2 years, and I know he has alot of guitars. No jacksons though. His brother just told me he signed a endorsement with esp, and randall. Jackson should have been all over that!
              1990 Jackson Professional
              1992 Dean ML
              2004 Epiphone Flying V
              2005 Epiphone Dot
              2009 Fender Stratocaster
              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
              2006 Fender P Bass
              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
              Custom Pedalboard
              ADA MP1
              ADA FX2
              Tascam 2488

Comment

I'll go see Queensryche this time then, just to see if it's the same guy. My buddy sold him the Mockingbird back in
                '87 or '88 and I went along for the ride.
                He plugged it in and it was Sweep City at Warp 9! He sang for Eden, but was a phenomenal guitarist 15-16 years ago! He
                could mop the floor with Wilton AND DeGarmo just warming up! That's the Mike
                Stone I met for 10 minutes and remember
                many years later! I'm glad the guy's got a relatively high-profile gig now, but they need to have Wilton step back and let Stone solo, at least the DeGarmo leads. He could do those faithfully to the spirit of the originals but tune 'em
                up to 103 octane!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"What makes you think Tate's the problem?
                  Not saying you're wrong, just asking."

well Tate has always tried to make sure QR had lots of "puss factor". CM is right, his solo stuff is beyond lame. He has always talked about how he was never into Metal and always likes Queen and blah, blah. There are many stories of Chris DeG getting pissed at Tate trying to mellow them out.

To the dude who knows who is in QR now, what is the dirt on why CDG is gone? Im sure its not something they talk about every day, but he must have heard something about why he's needed now after CDG was "supposed" to play at least the European tour.

And yeah, when I saw them on the Q2K [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Tour Wilton played almost all of the solos. Same on the Live Evolution CD they put out. That was Kelly Gray trying to take CDG's side of the stage playing a Les Paul custom and using very little wah to little success. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

QR shoulda, woulda, coulda been in the same league as Maiden, Priest, and Sabbath. Makes me feel old.

JOHN

Comment

CDG basically didn't want to tour. I'm not sure if it's just a oversea's thing or what. As far as I know, he has no plans to hook back up with them in the near future. When they were recording the new record, he really had no interest in the whole thing. He wouldn't learn the songs very quickly. I guess he just wasn't into it anymore, for whatever reasons. Maybe he just doesn't like the direction there going.
                    1990 Jackson Professional
                    1992 Dean ML
                    2004 Epiphone Flying V
                    2005 Epiphone Dot
                    2009 Fender Stratocaster
                    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                    2006 Fender P Bass
                    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                    Custom Pedalboard
                    ADA MP1
                    ADA FX2
                    Tascam 2488

Comment

I found a cool interview with Scott Rockenfield,which settles a few details!
                      Scott Rockenfield

Comment

Great interview! Thanks for posting the link.

What's the deal with guitarists becoming pilots? First Steve Morse and now Chris DeGarmo. You'd think that the 'Silent Lucidity' money would have been enough that DeGarmo could just sit around recording music if he wanted to. Of course, I imagine flying is quite a thrill. It must be, if he turned down a major summer tour to go back to his flying job...

Actually, come to think of it, one of my cousins is a pilot for Airborne Express, and that's all he ever talks about, so it must be pretty great. Guess I got into the wrong line of work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I saw Queensryche/Dream Theater/Fates Warning last night.

As to the Mike Stone questions, he's about 5'8", bald with a bushy goat and thick black framed glasses. He played a Les Paul all night.

Good god, I didn't even recognize Geof Tate. The guy is bald and has put on about 50 lbs. In fact, when the band first came out, I didn't recognize ANYONE! I didn't even recognize the first 2 songs and was wondering who this was up there?

As for the show........... holy $hit!!!!! Anyone who chooses Dream Theater as an opening act must be f'ing nuts!!!!! There is NO WAY anyone is going to be able to put on a better show. This was the first time I had seen Dream Theater live and OH MY GOD are they just about the most talented "total band" I've ever seen. I've never been a big Petrucci fan but was totally converted last night. That guy is AWESOME!(even though he was playing Andersons all night) If you ever get a chance to see Dream Theater live..... DO IT!!!

Fates Warning was pretty good, they only got about 30 minutes. Dream Theater and Queensryche both got 1 1/2 hrs each so this was a long show. At the end, Dream Theater came out and played The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" with Queensryche....... pretty cool, very long and everyone in each band got a solo.

Comment

Cool,

I'm pretty stoked to see Dream Theater and Queensryche at the Seattle show! Your right about having DT as an openning band...Why.

Comment

Petrucci played Andersons? Really? Even for his 7 string stuff?
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

No 7-strings period.

Comment

Working...
                                X