Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Originally posted by Guitarzan:
    First off, I think it's hard to judge the production of a song when you are downloading it off a website and playing it thru computer speakers.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How is it hard? Compare it to how other Metallica mp3s sound through the same system and judge it comparatively. Or compare it to the brilliant Nevermore clipped posted recently. That sounds pretty farkin' fantastic through my PC speakers. If the new Metallica is well produced, wouldn't it too?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

huh-whu?

[ June 01, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

very weird. I press "Add Reply" once, I get a blank window and a popup that says the browser contains no info. Come back here & I've apparently posted 3 times! Freekin screwy UBB. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

No I honestly beleive it is a ploy to make Justice look better produced. Then they can stop hearing Justice is great but the production was terrible. They can just site St. Anger.

Now in all fairness I Downloaded the MP3 and the video, production is terrible. I also had no problem with Metallica through LOAD and RELOAD. Nothing great but I had no beef with it. The Ja-Rule thing left me real cold though. St. Anger could be OK but the production sucked plain and simple. Realize we must that Metallica's best days are past.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I'm playing it through a serious power amp and some Tannoy Nearfields... Umm, still sounds like ass...

Those live Filmore clips are horrid. Listen to the clean guitar fills, they are all off and are being played even worse than the studio cuts...

Oh well, I see the great music makers starving. So, I fully understand why Metallica are doing this crap, and I would do it in a farging heartbeat myself if given the chance.

They sure didn't get rich on Ride the Lightning, they got rich on mainstream drivel. Good for them. It's really nice to be able to pay the bills dudes...

Remember, the true metal market isn't big enough to even support the tours of a lot of great bands, ESPECIALLY the Euro bands that want to come to play in America.

Metallica now officially sucks nonetheless, (like they didn't already huh?) they've now tried heavy again, and failed. I won't bother supporting them. Too much other good stuff to buy.

Comment

Cleveland,

With all due respect, Metallica are way past "paying the bills." I could understand if it were a band that were starving, and now here is their chance to cash in, but please don't kid yourself as to the $$$ that James and Larz have.

Comment

CM didn't mean that this was their chance to make it rich. He had already stated that "they got rich on mainstream drivel".

But they've still got bills to pay and kids to feed, and this pays A LOT better than if they had stayed true (or truly returned) to their roots. They're not doing it to get rich, same as everything else they've done recently, they're doing to stay rich and get richer. Nothing wrong with that. But just as they have the right to release whatever dreck they want and market it to the kiddies as the heaviest thing since the barium-and-blue-metal enema, we also have the right to voice our opinions and not buy it.

"We never gets respect"? Puh-lease. The poor guys are SUCH outcasts.... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

The line is actually 'He never gets respect.'

Comment

The "they've got bills to pay" line is lame. Everyone has bills to pay. James and Lars have made enough money that if they never worked again, they could live like kings and pay their bills. I don't know about Kirk, but he has no say anyway. My point is that there is no need for them to do something like this. It is their choice. Artists strive to reach a level of success that James has so that they CAN do what they want (they can do this because they no longer need the cash.)

Comment

• Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

that's basically what lars says on the symphony and metallica DvD...how its the whole essence of success whereby you're allowed to release a cd full of covers, or a cd recoreded with a symphony...I reckon its just a lame excuse; releasing **** that hardcore fans and newbies will digest...ahh well, and yes, metallica DO have money, ALOT of it; kirk wrote the main riff in enter sandman, and that song really cracked the surface with metallica, so he's flying too.
                      Cheers

Comment

well,

I heard it and I think it bites. Tou can't even hear the guitar on it, Metallica says they were going back to the old-school style, I think they went too far back. Their best album is Justice. And I don't yhink it will ever be equaled .

This is Blacklabel.
                        This Is Blacklabel.

Comment

yeah it's pretty bad ! I think it's just the drum sound that sucks , that snare is ****ing bad man !!! but it is still better than that load/reload stuff but I would never buy it , just download it and give it a listen , I don't know who metallica thinks they are but there is a lot of compition out there and many many bands that will always play better than they ever will , like in flames for instance , and the fact that they are siding [the message at the end of the vid] with ****ing prisoners that could have killed someone in your family for all you know is ****ing sick man ! I know that they probably didn't mean it that way but thats what it looks like to me -" we are tough guys so we hang with em yeah "- Kirk Hamster would last 2 mins in a place like that same with Lars ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sometimes when you get old you should just change your ****ing name and then go do what ever you want , but to drag the name in the mud that most of us grew up with is a shame and a money scam ! look at anders from In Flames he wanted to go pop so he just started "passenger" and did his pop thing there instead of draging the good In Flames name into the mud , - just proving the point that you can do that ! I am just pissed cause James use to be one of my fave guitarists and I lose more and more respect for the guy every 5 years and have for a while , at least Dave Mustaine puts something some what decent out every once in a while , even if he plays esp now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Ugh.... I have a confession to make.... St. Anger is begining to grow on me... GASP! I've even finding the snare less annoying!! Wassupwitdat?!

Comment

I know what you mean, but it still isnt metallica...

Comment

After listening to St. Anger, I promtly put on Master Of Puppet`s just bring back my sanity. I am thinking And Justice For All is a pretty good CD now. It can`t touch the first 3, but a hell of alot better than St. Anger. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X