Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

So far I would say [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] on St. Anger, it is weak and they still haven`t mathched the first 3 albums. So far I actually like "Justice" better than this one. I hope the rest is better, because St. Anger is a real [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by terrax:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They still play 6 string and most of it is standard tuning. Face it, heavy metal nowadays is MUCH heavier than it used to be.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dont think you need to be tuned to F with a 7 string to be heavy.. some of the most brutal riffs have been in standard tuning. Sabbath, pantera, etc..

you still cant polish a turd, and the "new" metallica sounds like a steaming pile...

Dave
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tony Iommi would tune down even up to a step and a half I beleive at times. Pantera tunes down a lot. I know Drag is 1½ steps down and some is 1½ and drop D. I agree though with the statement you do not need to tune down for a heavy riff
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Greg,

Where did you download the video from?

Comment

Download the video here http://www.urbanchaosvideos.com/

Comment

Thanks brotha!!!

Comment

Here's the FULL UNCUT song, with edited lyrics on the chorus '**** it all and ****ing no regrets...'

http://69.18.150.22/artists/sounds/b...d_language.mp3

The uncut song is WAY better than the shortened down video version.

Comment

thanx guitarzan for posting the tune, i finally got to hear it. That was o.k. but it wasn't anything special. thay are obviously deliberately trying to sound raw, but then again they have made several different calculated moves over their career (overproduced metal, alternametal, etc.) they expend a great deal of energy on their image and marketing. the ending drags on forever. his singing sounds alright, he has a great voice; that won't really change but... there is the clean part, and then the part after that, where he sings slow and then changes to half talking/singing fast (all in all i've no regrets...) call me nuts but he sounds like eminem to me there. soilwork, opeth etc. have passed them by imho, so it doesn't matter to me much. they don't dictate the metal scene anymore. i don't expect them to sound like they did on ride the lightning anymore, that was 18 years ago.they are just a band in the twilight half of their careers, and seem to be chasing trends around. this was mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
                  where he sings slow and then changes to half talking/singing fast (all in all i've no regrets...)
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's "f**k it all and no regrets". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yep, upon further review, you would be right. don't ask me where all in all came from.

Comment

Wasn't that line in Damage Inc., Now Damage Inc is an awesome song. I'm gonna download the new song to hear it now.

Comment

No prob. I actually got it from some guy on the Metallica BB. Every thread somebody tries to make about it gets instantly deleted by the admins. I managed to save the link to my favs.

Once again guys, this song is probably the weakest on the album if they chose it for their single off the record...soo...don't let it be a representation of the rest of the record. I hear that a lot of the songs (especially the last 2 apparently) are really brutal. But we can all make our judgement come June 9th.

[ May 28, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Guitarzan ]

Comment

LMFAO...This better be the worst song. Metallica goin Force(flush?) it out! Force(flush?) it out! I won't be suprised to see them in gold chains! This is hilarious! I hate this song though lol. I can't tell if he is sayin force or flush. He has added the nice ebonics touch to the song.

EDIT:
                          My money will easily be spent on Nevermore's Enemies of Reality come June 29th and definately not on this. If I hear they might have a decent song I might download it. But if its like this....no words...no words lol.

[ May 28, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

Who's singing the "bust it out, just bust it out" parts? (I think thats what they are saying).

Comment

I think James needs to start hitting the Jagermeister again...

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Hm, I wonder how the sound on the free DVD will turn out...
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X