Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Metallica - St. Anger Song - Radio Release Today

(Should have bought the new Lynch/Pilson cd) Normie, I think that has been the best suggestion/comment on this thread to date. I'm only comparing the 1st singles from each album, but the Lynch/Pilson tune kicks Metallica's new tune right out of the water.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Alexi7:
      i got around to hearing the album today...and OMG, what a shocking piece of ****, what a piece of ****ing dog ****, i piss on metallica, if that album didnt have metallica written on it, and was given to a record company, they'd burn it with magnesium, then piss on it twice before ****ting on it after eating two bowls of curry :grenade:
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROTFLMFAO!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      So tell us how you really feel about it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The damn thing got on my nerves faster than most of my ex-girlfriends.

Which is extremely impressive.

Comment

If they DID record 28 tracks and ARE releasing another CD next year, what would change? Absolutely NOTHING!!!! It would still suck balls!

"Marketallica" is completely finished, IMO. I will NEVER buy another piece of merchandise that has anything even remotely to do with them. We die hard fans have been $hit on enough times now - I think it's high time we $hit back...

Comment

I think the line in My World best sums it up on how they screwed their fans. "It's my world and you can't have it... sucker!"
            [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Yeah, I'm a sucker for buying your crappily produced cd!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's a lot of anger in this thread [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, St. Anger 'round my neck... and in my cd player! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You can try and talk yourself into thinking that a few more listens to the new stuff is going to change your initial opinion. I've heard enough to say without a doubt, " Re-think or Retire". The new stuff "sucks!" [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                  1990 Jackson Professional
                  1992 Dean ML
                  2004 Epiphone Flying V
                  2005 Epiphone Dot
                  2009 Fender Stratocaster
                  2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                  2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                  2006 Fender P Bass
                  2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                  1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                  1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                  Custom Pedalboard
                  ADA MP1
                  ADA FX2
                  Tascam 2488

Comment

i heard the demo in the tower records. i dunno how to describe it. but one thing for sure, i won't buy the album. and then i leave the tower records dissapointed. if metallica and megadeth want to make another album, i just don't care. it's over man....

Comment

DJR said above ... "You can try and talk yourself into thinking that a few more listens to the new stuff is going to change your initial opinion."

Yup. I spent the last couple days listening and my earlier "review" stands.

Then it dawned on me..

I said to myself "Self," ('cause that's what I say when I talk to myself [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) "If you have to try to get used to a CD, it ain't worth listening to."

For those who like the "NU" Metallica, more power to you. As for me, I'll stick with the back catalog and remember them fondly from here on out.

Normie
                      (not that anyone cares - I just felt like spouting off)

Comment

Never heard so many dumb rhyming songs on one cd in my life.

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] I guess the won't have to worry about anyone pirating their music, nobody wants the $hit. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I downloaded about half of it. Listened to it. Tried to convince myself it was listenable. It wasn't. I deleted the crap and hope I never hear it again.

With all those rhymes its like a bad commercial I can't get out of my head. Invisible kid ...blah, blah blah..stuck blah.. blah.. grid. Its about equivilent to the chia pet commercial. Chiapetallica. CH CH CH CHIA yeaaaa yeaaa.
                        ohhh.

Honestly it is the most retarded cd ever. I can't even listen to the old stuff now. I like a lot of Nu metal and this ain't even close. Its nursery rhymes and a dude beating on a trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by Normie:

"If you have to try to get used to a CD, it ain't worth listening to."

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly! That is the whole point. Don't second guess yourselves. Your intuition is usually spot on. If you think it sucks the first time through, it will suck the 100th time through. You cannot polish a turd...

Comment

Well said my friend. "you can't polish a turd"

Is a pigs ASS pork? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

Homer Simpson: Mmmmm, pig's ass... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:

Honestly it is the most retarded cd ever. Its nursery rhymes and a dude beating on a trash can.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Classic!! that pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X