Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Mustaine announcement on Megadeth.com

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
    you just have to play a bunch of them (like any guitar) to find the JEM.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ehhh? Doesn't Ibanez make those? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sorry...couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by kunal:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
      you just have to play a bunch of them (like any guitar) to find the JEM.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ehhh? Doesn't Ibanez make those? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sorry...couldn't resist.
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Clever clever. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Iommi didn't get a neckthrough because the SG has always been a set neck. The only neckthrough Gibson makes is the Firebird.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Has anyone thought about maybe Dave's got something going with BC Rich? After all he started out with a BC Rich ***** in Metallica. I sure wouldn't doubt it's a toss up between ESP and Gibson, but BC Rich also makes a V. From what I'm hearing, BC Rich isn't doing so hot with endorsements and could use a big name right now. Look for a Bronze Series DMV comming to a shop near you. BC Rich "DMV" Signiture Series. $299 at Musicians Friend. One would tend to suspect ESP or Gibson, but not BC Rich. We will see.

Comment

I read somewhere where Dave said that he doubts he will go back to BC Rich.

My guess is probably ESP...they were just making a King V look-alike last year.

Comment

Mmmmmm I thought that deal was done with ESP?

Comment

Yeah I read somewhere that Dave said he'd never go back to BC Rich. Dont know why though...

James

Comment

.......... what if he endorses RAN guitars from poland http://www.ranguitars.com/_en/what.htm ? ...........what if ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] look at the dufus in the pictures [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's the guitarist in Vader

Comment

I thought Ran guitars are very good guitars? I heard they will do just about anything for you? anybody have one and can comment on the quality? I still don`t think DM would use their guitars, but you never know these days [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I doubt he's even heard of them.

James

Comment

If Dave went with ESP he'd be paired with Kerry King on promotional clinics - and as I understand it, they don't like each other.

Kerry has always "followed" Mustaine's guitar choices - first Dave had a Jackson, then Kerry had one. Dave had a signature KV, then Kerry had a signature KV copy. I doubt Mustaine would go with ESP for that reason. He might go with Gibson, but it depends on the deal the make, and if it means changing the V design to neckthrough and rear-loaded electronics and 24 frets, that's too far from the original 1958 design for the Puritans to allow [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Puritanism: The haunting feeling that someone somewhere is happy.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Uhm, Kerry King endorses BC Rich...

Comment

Yeah, Newc, where ya been?!? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Once Bernie Rico bought the company back, Kerry went back with them.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X