Warren DiMartini (Charvels?) - Joins Dio For Maiden Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warren DiMartini (Charvels?) - Joins Dio For Maiden Tour

I saw Viv with Dio 2x and with Goldie 2x. Viv back in the day was very cool, Goldie just didn't do it for me. I saw Viv with Def Lep this year and sad to say he was pretty bad at playing Steve Clarks parts. My wife and I where like what the hell happened!Phil had an great show and nailed all his parts.
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

That just seems like disrespect on Viv's
      part for Steve Clark's work. He's certainly more than capable of playing the parts well, so it'd seem he doesn't care to put in the time to learn them.
      It's not like he hasn't had - what is it?
      5 years? 10? I'm not sure, but he's been with Def Lep for a LONG time. He should be up to speed by now.

I'd hate to think he's lost so much ability that he CAN'T play the stuff right. If he's sick or something like Jason Becker that'd be another story, I reckon. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
        That just seems like disrespect on Viv's
        part for Steve Clark's work. It's not like he hasn't had - what is it?
        5 years? 10? I'm not sure, but he's been with Def Lep for a LONG time.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since 1991.

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well Warren has just got to be better in Dio than Tracy G ! Hell I would be better than Tracy G. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have not liked anything guitarwise from Dio since Viv left. To this day I still watch my Special From The Spectrum video about 3 times a week. Loved Vivs Charvels.

I never cared for Ratt, but always liked Warrens style, at least up to the second album, can't say anything about their stuff after that.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
          X