ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

I have no problem with Alexi playing ESP, or any other brand for that matter. I just don't like the proportions of that particular guitar.

As I said, it reminds me of KK's Hamer Vector (I think?). I'm sure that's more due to the pseudo-bevels. I don't mind the yellow at all, I've raved on numerous occasions about Alexi's old black-with-yellow-bevels Rhoads. But as James and a couple others here have pointed out, it looks like it has regular bevels (cool), but they've also painted a section inside the bevels yellow (not so cool). It makes the body look too short and too narrow. For my tastes anyway.

I'm not commenting on the Endorsement Wars, just giving my opinion on one guitar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

God F'ing Awful!

What's next, a Les Paul with the Kramer logo on it?........... uh, never mind.

That guitar is as dumb a the Polka Dot Jackson V(really a Sandoval), Wayne Charvel's current ripoffs of Grover Jackson's work, and a Washburn Dimebag copy of a Dean ML.

FMIC really screwed themselves hard on this one. Someone needs to mail Fender those 2 pics and a letter saying "See What You've Done?"

Comment

Bah,if I could have a guitar company makin a signature model for me I at least would try to do something different,not to have a copy of another company guitar.... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

NO, the bevels look like total crap, and a rhoads with an ESP headstock? Give me a ****ing break...Though i agree with the rest of it lerx.

Comment

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
            I can't say that I like it. It might look a little etter if they would have made the painted bevels narrower and all the same width at the back (V part) of the guitar. Well I can definately say I will not be getting one of those.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Perhaps that is how he wanted it. It was custom made for him. You guys are funny...if that same guitar said Jackson you would all be wanking for it. ESP makes comparable quality instruments ot Jackson on their higher level models.. The only real thing that you can ***** about on that tip is the price which is a non issue here.

Comment

That guitar reminds me of something that Oz Fox would play. To Hell with the Devil!!!

Comment

I don't know Bigdaddy: I've read a few neg comments on Jackson shapes, colors and graphics here.

It's a Jackson forum...WE like Jackson guitars! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

This is probably a stupid question but why doesn't he just use a real Jackson Rhoads rather than using those cheap rip off ESP's?

Comment

Originally posted by Cack:
                      This is probably a stupid question but why doesn't he just use a real Jackson Rhoads rather than using those cheap rip off ESP's?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You missed the whole discussion? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Alexi's ESP's aren't cheap by any stretch - they were probably hand-built just for him.

Alexi used to play custom Jacksons (24-fretted Rhoadses) exlusively, but then his guitars were stolen. He ordered new ones from Jackson, but after his order was dropped by FMIC, he went with ESP who obviously were able to provide him with a custom-built guitar on a short notice.

Btw, I'm wondering what sort of pickups ESP put in his new guitars... He used to have Jackson J50C + preamp in his old ones, so what would be the closest match?

'bane

[ April 26, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

Originally posted by ColdVayne:
                        not a damn thing differnt between the USA custom ESP and the USA custom Jackson.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought there were no USA customs from ESP. I thought all ESP customs were made in Japan. I could be wrong, of course... in which case, please correct me.

Comment

I've been wondering a bit about that too, the way I understood, there is an ESP custom shop in Hollywood...? Jeff Hannemans guitars say USA on the headstock, and alot of other ESP endorsers guitars also say USA. Can someone clear this up once and for all? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I can somewhat clear this up. 48th Street Custom Guitars used to be ESPs custom shop in the USA where custom ESP guitars could be made, however the ESP Custom shop in Japan and the one in the USA have merged and now work as one custom shop. However there are things allowed in Japan that aren't allowed for us Americans...Explorers, Flying Vs (both old styles), stratheads, etc.

If I am wrong, somebody please correct me.

Comment

Ok you guys are officaly nuts lol . That was a custom made guitar he had made the way he wanted . The guitar seems okie dokie , nothing to great but i own custom shop ESP's and have owned one and played many USA or custom shop Jacksons , and the quality is the exact same , not a damn thing differnt between the USA custom ESP and the USA custom Jackson . You guys are silly [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

A custom shop is a custom shop, it doesn't matter what country it is in. In Japan, they refer to USA built guitars as imports, does that mean USA guitars are inferior? No. It just so happens, that in the USA the higher end is made here and the cheaper lines are made overseas to save money. ESP is a Japanese company, and it makes sense to do customs there. As long as the quality is there who cares?

Comment

Working...
                                X