No announcement yet.

Ahhhh... Iron Maiden Jacksons/Charvels/Waynes... *drool*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ahhhh... Iron Maiden Jacksons/Charvels/Waynes.

Oh yeah, Dave's white guitar. If only the original pics in this thread still show up to this day, a picture of that guitar would have popped up. Never knew he had a three single coil loaded one though.... I am not sure I've seen that one before. Do you have a pic of that one? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for posting those pics! Very cool!
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author
      www.myspace.com/intellishred
      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

No pics, just some fuzzy memories!.....I'm sure it was pretty much like his current fender as used on 'Rock in Rio', but with a Jackson logo on the end.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I can't see the pic of the Squire, but if it is the type of Squire I am thinking it is (and DM lists a Squire strat in the gear list in LAD), it is a JV (Japanese Vintage)series strat. These were VERY high quality MIJ reissue Strats from about '82-'83. These guitars were never sold in North America, rather Europe and Japan. They are highly regarded now, as well they were very well recieved by the guitar press at the time. These are also the guitars that USA Fender saw and freaked, because they were better than what they were making at the time. Squiers didn't officially show up in NA until late '83, early '84 with the SQ series which was a big headstock '70s reissue. At this point the materials were not quite RI accurate, but these are great guitars as well. Remember, Squier guitars were not originally made as lower quality, they were they were called Squiers to diferentiate the USA from the MIJ Fenders. I doubt that this was a guitar for smashing, but the pic isn't showing...can someone repost the Dave Murray Squier pic?

Comment

I originally made this topic almost two years ago, so about half of the original pictures don't show up any more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I got most of the original pictures from the Maiden forum when they had a huge picture post/section going and hand-picked out all the photos that featured J/C/W guitars. Took me a loooong time... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll see if I can find any more pictures in my virtual travels.

Comment

Couple more pics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One that I've never seen before... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] A pointy head Strat-style! Or perhaps a one-hum Soloist with a Floyd.

And the favorite:

Comment

Last ones, I promise. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] From the "Rock In Rio" CD/DVD!

Adrian playing his Jackson:

Janick playing Adrian's Jackson... double cream DiMarzio bridge humbucker?

Has Adrian always had that cream pickup in there or am I seeing things? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Methinks it's sort of recent, considering the old pictures have all black pickups, like this one:

Alright, and finally, Dave playing Adrian's Jackson... the guitar is passed around like the proverbial village whore/bicycle... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love that red Jackson Strat. Makes me want to do all kinds of horrible things to my poor Mexi-Strat, hehe.

Comment

Back from the dead thread

Bump to resurrect Eddie back from the Dead!

Comment

Working...
                    X