Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marty friedman.......IBANEZ ????

Originally posted by toejam:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LRGman:
    A low pro trem. What if jackson started putting those on USA's. Would anyone buy one. NO!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes no sense. What's the big deal with a low-profile trem?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The difference is the locking screws are smaller and on top, in front of the fine tuners instead of long and underneath like an Original Floyd. Jackson uses Low-Profile trems on their imports, but you can even get Low-Pro Original Floyds, so what's the problem?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like the Floyds like that way, because it sucks having to prop up the trem to change the strings, when it's much easier and faster to change out strings with the locking nuts on the saddles themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
      [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
      If Ibanez offered me an endorsment deal I wouldn't even hesitate to accept it. Ibanez treats their artists pretty well from what I see. But I would probably rather have a Jackson endorsment deal.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What happened with Petrucci?

Comment

We're not even talking about the difference between Coke and Pepsi which has distinctive tastes. We're talkin' a custom artist's instrument.

I don't care what it says on the headstock, if someone is going to make a guitar to specs and pay me, I'm there.

Who's to say that the specs would be any different than his Jacksons? The guitar could be identical specs (sans shape) with Ibanez on the headstock.

I'd like to see pics too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess Ibanez just endorsed George W Bush. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

you don't know good it was to say that.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

just trying to lighten the thread. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Seems that Marty has fallen under the spell of Britany's boobs as well.

[ March 13, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

well i saw a Friedman Kelly sig KE1 yesterday and i was like [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
              I went to Martys site and found something really scary.....

CURRENTLY FAVE BANDS/ARTISTS
              TaTu, Red Planet, Andrew WK, Garbage, Bz, anything produced by Tsunku, Donnas, Weezer, Sahara Hotnights, Ayumi Hamasaki, anything produced by Phil Spector, Lutricia MacNeal, BRITNEY SPEARS, Sleep, Tommy February, Puffy, 21st Century Girls, Mono, Aquanote, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Junkyard Willie

did you catch the britney spears thing...O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAHA! Makes you wonder what that list would look like from 1990! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                If Ibanez offered me an endorsment deal I wouldn't even hesitate to accept it. Ibanez treats their artists pretty well from what I see. But I would probably rather have a Jackson endorsment deal.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What happened with Petrucci?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Steve Morse brought John Petrucci over to Ernie Ball. Guess he got John a better endorsement deal.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LRGman:
                  A low pro trem. What if jackson started putting those on USA's. Would anyone buy one. NO!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes no sense. What's the big deal with a low-profile trem?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The difference is the locking screws are smaller and on top, in front of the fine tuners instead of long and underneath like an Original Floyd. Jackson uses Low-Profile trems on their imports, but you can even get Low-Pro Original Floyds, so what's the problem?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like the Floyds like that way, because it sucks having to prop up the trem to change the strings, when it's much easier and faster to change out strings with the locking nuts on the saddles themselves.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Umm, you still would change the strings the same way and prop up the Floyd. The location of the locking bolts themselves is not an issue.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think he means like on the JT580LP Joe, where you've got the string locks on top of the trem instead of underneath it in the route...I dunno just thinking out loud [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the JT580LP is easier due to the saddle block screws being up top, but Joe
                      is right, you still have to prop up the Floyd to do it right.

My favorite thing about the 580LP's saddle block screws is that you can go to
                      Lowe's or Home Depot to get replacement
                      hex screws, and pay like 89 cents for a bag of 6. That's better than bending over at the local music store, or not being able to find the right screws locally and ordering by mail. It makes the back of the trem's profile much cleaner too.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What happened with Petrucci?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Steve Morse brought John Petrucci over to Ernie Ball. Guess he got John a better endorsement deal.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, the fact Petrucci has always idolized Morse might have had something to do with it too!

Quick, Word! Vai and Petrucci BOTH want
                        you to endorse with their company! You love the Petrucci guitar, but are you looking Steve Vai in the eye and rejecting him? You know Ibanez will dissect the Petrucci and build you one that plays like it, but looks like an Ibanez - what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

See how these things can get complicated?
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Give him the Bushido blade....or whatever they use for self sacrifice when they stab themselves in the stomach. (not the video game Word) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

truly I jest Word, I would not wish such a fate upon anyone.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ March 14, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

I wasn't the one that discredited the Edge...I think it is fine, although I do prefer the OFR.

Comment

quote:
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Word:

quote:
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
                              Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:

What happened with Petrucci?

Steve Morse brought John Petrucci over to Ernie Ball. Guess he got John a better endorsement deal.

Well, the fact Petrucci has always idolized Morse might have had something to do with it too!

Quick, Word! Vai and Petrucci BOTH want
                              you to endorse with their company! You love the Petrucci guitar, but are you looking Steve Vai in the eye and rejecting him? You know Ibanez will dissect the Petrucci and build you one that plays like it, but looks like an Ibanez - what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

See how these things can get complicated?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You get endorsed by E.S.P

Comment

Amd wher's the evidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X