Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marty friedman.......IBANEZ ????

Originally posted by LRGman:
    Yep! A good player is a good player regardless of the number of Cd's has sold recently. I bet esp sells a of Korean things at those seminars just so Lynch will sign them.

The more I think about it the more I see your point. It doesn't have to be an exorbitant attempt to keep some high profile players around. They just do not seem to be trying to get any players. And, advertising is a part of marketing your product, as well as a cost of business. In the long run it is whether you have good marketing of your product regardless of quality of that product. Most of us got into Jacksons cause all our favorite players were playing them when we were young. Now that we are older we still dig them and can afford to buy them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By your reasoning, half the guys on this forum should be endorsed.
    They haven't sold many cd's, but they could give very good clinics.
    Most of the big guys were playing Kramers when I was growing up.
    I'm trying to think of anyone I liked back then that played Jackson besides Randy.
    Anyways, I don't like the current neck profile on the Jacksons.
    But they are still quality axes at a fair price.
    If you buy a junk guitar because someone famous is endorsing it, you need your head checked.
    (See the new Paul Stanley model)
    And if equipment wh0ring the only way George Lynch and others can make $, perhaps it's time they get real jobs.
    Pays my bills anyways.
    I even have insurance. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Just my 2 cents.

Comment

You're missing the point. They may not have the sales ANYMORE, but they've established their props to players and thus are valuable to do clinics promoting
      the guitars they endorse. The A.Pulverizer and Lerxstcat clinics are not likely to draw big, but the Marty Friedman and Steve Vai clinics sure will.

I certainly won't buy a guitar just because a player I like endorses it. The
      endorsement will get me to pick one up and check it out, but if it's a POS I don't want it (good Paul Stanley Silvertone reference you made). As for the "Gear wh0re get a real job" concept,
      imagine the interviews:

Employer: So tell me a bit about your experience.

G. Lynch: Well, I've played in metal bands for the past 20 years. Almost hit
      the bigtime but kept having fistfights with my singer, and it's been downhill since 1988.

Employer: Thanks for coming in! We'll get back to you! (Roundfiles job app.)

We do what we can.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
        A low pro trem. What if jackson started putting those on USA's. Would anyone buy one. NO!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes no sense. What's the big deal with a low-profile trem?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The difference is the locking screws are smaller and on top, in front of the fine tuners instead of long and underneath like an Original Floyd. Jackson uses Low-Profile trems on their imports, but you can even get Low-Pro Original Floyds, so what's the problem?

[ March 08, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just meant that if I am paying over a thousand for a new guitar, I would rather have an OFR not an Edge. Mostly I was just using it as an example of areas a manufacturer can cut costs in producing their products.They might work great or whatever and honestly I haven't ever played one. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] It is just one of those things I got in my head. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I have three guitars with Schallers though and they are great except one stripped a saddle block screw thread.

I am gonna shut up now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 08, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Ah, I see what you were trying to say now, but Low-Pro is just a little more compact design. True, Edge and Low-Pro Edge are different than OFR and Low-Pro OFR. I actually just got my first 7-string (Ibanez RG7620 with Low-Pro Edge 7). It's actually pretty good, and I like the pop in bar, no play in it whatsoever, unlike the Jackson JT6 pop-in. It's probably the only Ibanez I'll own, too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe, you've got the bug. If you like this 7 string Ibanez.. then you'll want a Universe.. the a Jem.. and an RG... and a PG model.. and [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nah, I'll just keep this one 7-string only. If I ever decide to get another one, it will probably be a Carvin! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I gotta get me one'a them, too... before Carvin stops making them!
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

You guys gotta show me....a pic..info
                    proof...... why is this is happening...
                    at least we still have the old megadeth cd's
                    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Funny thing is that if you go to Jemsite, they swear that the Edge and Lo Pro Edge are better than the OFR...the last thing it is to them is cost cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
                        You guys gotta show me....a pic..info
                        proof...... why is this is happening...
                        at least we still have the old megadeth cd's
                        [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's on his bio on martyfriedman.com...
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

[img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
                          If Ibanez offered me an endorsment deal I wouldn't even hesitate to accept it. Ibanez treats their artists pretty well from what I see. But I would probably rather have a Jackson endorsment deal.

Comment

Funny thing is that if you go to Jemsite, they swear that the Edge and Lo Pro Edge are better than the OFR...the last thing it is to them is cost cutting.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And who says it IS cost cutting? For all I know, the damn things could cost double what an OFR would cost. But, just as you're not wrong for thinking the OFR is superior, they're not wrong for liking the Edge better. Just like I"m not wrong for not giving a damn what the baseplate says as long as the thing stays in tune. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth - I reckon that the Edge is the better unit,it's just made of sh*tty metal and will not last as long as a Floyd.

Comment

I went to Martys site and found something really scary.....

CURRENTLY FAVE BANDS/ARTISTS
                                TaTu, Red Planet, Andrew WK, Garbage, Bz, anything produced by Tsunku, Donnas, Weezer, Sahara Hotnights, Ayumi Hamasaki, anything produced by Phil Spector, Lutricia MacNeal, BRITNEY SPEARS, Sleep, Tommy February, Puffy, 21st Century Girls, Mono, Aquanote, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Junkyard Willie

did you catch the britney spears thing...O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X