Favorite EVH solos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite EVH solos?

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] dude I got it on cd...he hee.

[ February 05, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow, all modern and shtuff... This should be good...

Comment

A bit off topic but....Did anyone pickup the new Guitar World"? It has some cool interviews with people who were there at the beginning of VH. Some cool pix, one with Ed playing (live) on a Les Paul Custom!
        Also a interview with Zakk and Dime where they talk about how they kept calling Ed trying to get him to do a guitar album with them! That would be interesting. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

My old VH tribute beats the pants off the Atomic Punks... My singer actually auditioned for Van Halen and didn't get the job because: "he was too close to Dave" .....I have demos.

I'll see if John can post them all just for $hits and giggles..

[ February 05, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Somebody Get Me a Doctor, And the Cradle Will Rock,and Light Up the Sky would be my top 3.
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

that's cool. I was worrying about how you'd convert them from 8 track [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, Dave, that's definatley a good interview with Zakk and Dime... and they've got a cool thing on VH as well.

Yeah.. that's what it was... Respect the Wind. Definatley not blues... from what I could tell anyway.

Comment

THREE come to mind...

The TAP-HAMMER intro to "Mean Streets"...

"Somebody Get Me a Doctor" was SHEER GENIUS...

...and "Fire In The Hole"...EVEN with that PILLOWBITER Cerrone's PUS$Y VOICE over it, it was the BEST LEAD he did Post-DLR....and it CANNOT BE PLAYED WITHOUT a TransTrem

'NUFF SAID !!!!!

[ February 06, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Push Comes to Shove, So This Is Love and Light Up The Sky.

Comment

Yes Push comes to shove ....quirky song with a tribute to Alan Holdsworth solo !!!

Comment

"Outta Love" has one of his simplest solos, but man, there is so much attitude and his tone is killer. Both "solos" in the song - the one that leads into the second verse is great too.

Comment

Well .....John just posted my old VH tribute band demo crap . This was recorded back in '97 ....Go check it out!!!!!!

Comment

Cathedral, I forgot cathedral.. boy that became a quickly copied trick too, not like it (the echo slap) wasn't done before....(Page, Dazed N Confused violin bow solo live 1976) (Ronnie Montrose, Razor King Gamma 1, 1979) as a couple examples. .

Ed however, took the concept to the very cool level once again. Spanish Fly ripped too..I like the live feel before it starts.

[ February 07, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

For me it would have to be Spanish fly. Cathedral,Eruption, and little guitars.
                              Yeah they're instrumentals but they're all aspects of Eddie in all his Eddieness. The tapping, the two handed hammers,the trills,the tone, basically Eddie in a nutshell of four songs.
                              Cathedral is the song that got my trying to do the volume swells that has become part of my normal everyday playing and is now a permanent part of my style.
                              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                                Well .....John just posted my old VH tribute band demo crap . This was recorded back in '97 ....Go check it out!!!!!!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, is this on the Cleveland site? would like to hear/see, but I'm having a little trouble finding them on the site... can you give specifics to where they're posted?

Comment

Working...
                                X