Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite EVH solos?

Originally posted by horns666:
    Everytime I hear Right Now ....I think of a cool sparkling glass of Crystal Pepsi.. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean there's people that actually liked that stuff?!? The first version wasn't that bad, but the second version was horrible. It was kinda like flat 7UP. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
      AND the song that appeared on the movie Twister. TOTALLY COOL song... I don't know if it appears on a CD or what... but it was cool.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Humans Being. The was probably one of my all time favorite VH songs, too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's on the Twister Soundtrack and VH's Greatest Hits Vol. 1. That's the last song the band wrote with Sammy. Too bad.

[ February 05, 2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeee haar, the beat it solo most definitely, im glad others agree. That solo is, simply....perfection, its what broke the ice, and lifted his status significantly.
        cheers

Comment

It's kind of funny, Joe, it just says that Eddie and Alex wrote it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Probably another lawsuit [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ice cream man,the whole structure of it is brilliant.

Comment

Nice to see an EVH thread where he's getting respect.
              Fave solos? Hear about it later, Push comes to shove, I'm the one, Drop Dead Legs, 5150, Beat it, Girl gone bad, Dance the night away...man, I could go on forever.
              Eddie is the KING in my book. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yep, there are so many great EVH solos!
                I can't say any solos mentioned so far
                aren't just as good as my own favorites,
                Light Up The Sky and Hot For Teacher.

The man saved hard rock and metal from an
                eternity of pentatonic blues riffs (not that I don't LIKE them; it's just that there's so much more!), for which we all
                owe him a debt of gratitude!

PLUS, he was hip enough to play "Catch Your Train" by Scorpions in his cover band days! He gave props to Uli Roth when he was still Ulrich and playing with
                Scorpions! I wonder if he pulled off the
                right solo or just improvised, though? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hope he snaps out of the funk he's in; I have to think there's a lot more left in
                him if he can get back on his feet.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

P.S.: Van Halen should get Ralph Saenz of The Atomic Punks as their new singer.
                  He does a brilliant David Lee Roth, but he worships Ed and would never give him any attitude - the "team player" or good
                  employee that Ed wants! He's already got
                  Michael Anthony's vote!

Besides, Roth has taken 2 guitarists from
                  The Atomic Punks for the DLR Band, so what sweet revenge for Ralph to replace
                  Dave! David Lee Ralph!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Word:
                    AND the song that appeared on the movie Twister. TOTALLY COOL song... I don't know if it appears on a CD or what... but it was cool.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Humans Being. The was probably one of my all time favorite VH songs, too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's on the Twister Soundtrack and VH's Greatest Hits Vol. 1. That's the last song the band wrote with Sammy. Too bad.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wrong. i have the CD [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Track #1 is Humans Being, credited to Van Halen.

the LAST track is entitled "Respect the Wind", credited to Alex and Eddie.

its a GREAT piece, mostly blues (i think) soloing. I have the mp3 if you guys want. I think this is what Word is talking about. Its completely instrumental, which Humans Being isnt.

~eric

Comment

damn i cant believe no one else has mentioned runnin with the devil. and im glad you guys remember crystal pepsi. the greatest soft drink EVER.

Comment

A toss up between Light up the sky / I'm the one or On Fire!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ! That middle solo break in Ice Cream Man is Classic!!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I gotta go with this dudes tastes.. I also like, "feel your love tonight" classic Ed phrasing and well structured.

Catch your train rips... a great feel. Most of the cuts of covers I hear/see Ed he doesn't note for note, but it's not that he couldn't or hasn't.

Comment

My old VH tribute beats the pants off the Atomic Punks... My singer actually auditioned for Van Halen and didn't get the job because: "he was too close to Dave" .....I have demos.

I'll see if John can post them all just for $hits and giggles..
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't doubt it, Bill! I think it's just right place, right time - mostly right place, namely they're in L.A.!
                          Right time because it's been a long time
                          since VH did anything. They get a LOT of
                          work, though! :shrug:

I'd love hearing those demos, though; John has often complimented your VH sound! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It'd be great if John could post those clips, Bill. I'd love to hear 'em
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Humans Being is one of my al time favorites [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ February 05, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

If he brings them, I'll dust off and drag the cassette deck in and dub them to wav and mp3 and host...

Comment

Working...
                                X