Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Originally posted by Alexi7:
    errr, pulverizer..have you even played a soloist or a rhoads? a rhoads will always feel different to a soloist...watch some live CoB, alexi tilts his rhoads to the ****house, its almost vertical, you cant do that with a soloist. Also, the horns on the soloists, when played at a higher than normal angle, cause too much friction on the body, and if you're playing a solo, and you wanna move your guitar so you can reach the higher frets, you will **** up...Im speaking from experience....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well lets see here.
    I have owned my Model 5 since I was around 19 and my Rhoads since I was 22.
    I'm 34 now, so I guess I can say Have played both.
    I'll just have to concede to you though.
    You must have more experience than just about anyone here. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

I'm sad. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I can't believe he did that.

Comment

For this "they can't build a rhoads guitar so what's the point of having a endorser?"
        It's really simple. Even if they can't build a exact Laiho production model he is also using on stage, Laiho promotes their name.
        I have seen it so often on a german music store message board i sometimes visit. Many of those kids there are big Korn fans. No they don't have the $1500 for the K-7 signature from Ibanez so you could think what's the point of Ibanez to have such a expensive signature model when most fans are only 12-14? But they all think they at least need to buy a Ibanez guitar because it's Ibanez what their favourite band uses.
        I don't wanna know how many crappy RG270's Ibanez sold because Korn is a Ibanez Endorser.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Speaking as an endorser - albiet a somewhat lower-level one that Alexi - Jackson is helpful to their "underground" artists, but they don't "stop the presses" for you unless your name is Collen, Ian, or Mustaine. They know where their bread is buttered. Hell, Chris Caffery from Savatage/Trans-Siberian Orachestra has to wait for his stuff, and they sell WAY more albums than CoB does.

Jackson doesn't sell a lot of USA Select guitars in Europe. Why? Price, mostly, and artist placement, too. ESP doesn't have the same problem, they give stuff to their big name artists, and they have successfully made themselves into "the" metal guitar company outside the U.S. - of course, having Metallica as a major endorser doens't hurt, either.

I understand why Jackson is the way they are - they got burned big-time during the '80s. CoB isn't a big deal for them in their major market, so they're not going to drop everything for him.

I can't blame Alexi, though - if ESP offered to build me what I wanted in a reasonable amount of time, for free or for a huge discount, it would be tough to turn them down.

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[QUOTE] Dude, SO MANY companies have made Rhoads
            copies it's unreal, just as they've all made copies of Les Pauls, Strats and most
            others that had any popularity! All they
            have to do is change a few details and they can't be sued.
            [/QUOTE

haha, yeah and the worst one must have been this ibanez!

the same model; http://hem.passagen.se/miforz/yxor/1660big.jpg

[ January 22, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Melander ]

Comment

cool I was gonna get one of those when I was 15 and dumb ! lol !!! and yeah guys not to blow me own horn or anything [as I have in the past sorry !] but Jackson are good to they're artists as we Dave and myself are endorsers / were endorsers ? our self's and they do treat us good with this whole fender thing things were kinda hit and miss , maybe thats what turned him [alexi] off , but I am addicted to those guitars nothing could stop me !!! and if I had to pay full price for em I would !!! now that says something about quality hey !!! lol !!!! //Steve

Comment

Ok, I'm not a fan, but can appreciate Alexi's talent and the loss of all his prized Jacksons. Although a 24 fret Rhoads would take a year, and a soloist shape won't work......why not a KV2? If the frets are a problem I'm sure a guy like Alexi has a regular tech/setup guy who could swap em out for jumbos in no time flat. I'm sure that this had everything to do with money. No loyalty from Alexi during this corporate changeover, I guess he doesn't remember who gave him his endorsement when nobody was knocking down his door AND built highest quality custom axes for him. Jackson needs to land endorsees like Dimebag Darryl oh yeah, and why not Strongbad!
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Hey! Don't diss the Ibanez Rocketroll and Proline Rhoads copies! They were pretty good(and affordable)at the time,better built than current Ibanez and a SH*TLOAD better than any LTD you're gonna find! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Granted,they never came close to the real thing,but what does?

Comment

oh man those things are harshly fat !!! big necks bulky bodies and they feel cheap and junky and the pick ups LOL I am not even gonna touch that !!! LOL !!!! //Steve

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve:
                      [QB]cool I was gonna get one of those when I was 15 and dumb ! lol !!!

So if you knew Ibanez made a Rhoads copy
                      when you were 15, then why did you doubt
                      ESP could make a Rhoads copy for Alexi
                      Laiho today? That doesn't make sense...
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think...No, I know Steve was talking about a exact copy. That is not a exact copy.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Just to reply to an earlier post:

I am a Jackson Endorser and when my 7-string CS got stolen, my order went to the back of the line just like everyone else.
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I still maintain these three points:
                            1 - Alexi can use a Soloist if he absolutely NEEDS, MUST HAVE, and CANNOT PLAY WITHOUT 24 frets, otherwise he should have gotten a USA Select Rhoads till his replacement Custom Shop came in. He's an adult, he can put his personal preferences towards a 24 fret Rhoads aside for a while. Any guitarist worth a damn can play the same way on any Jackson body style/neck profile, and I've got almost every Jackson neck profile/body style (except a Roswell and a Kelly) to prove it's possible. And yes I have a Jackson with a fatass neck, as well as thin, medium, and regular thickness.

2 - He could have gotten a neckthrough JacksonStars 24 fret Rhoads from Japan (I mean, surely he or his manager knows how to get something like this done besides asking a dealer to violate Jackson's international distribution contract??)

3 - Jackson can make a 24 fret USA Select Rhoads using Soloist necks. All they have to do is cut the tenon shorter, which they'd do with a V neck anyway.

I think he was looking for an easy way to get an ESP deal, and this was the best way he could think of. What kinda guitar hero can he be if he dumps a high-quality line like Jackson to go with ESP?

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

1. CoB plays in D, do a 22 fret rhoads wouldn't have enough highs..
                              2. yeah that would be a good idea..

Comment

It's gonna be interesting to see what comes of this though. Sure the guitar will be very similar to the old Jackson exept it'll have an ESP head. What I'm wondering is will they copy the neck profile or use the ESP neck profile?
                                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                                X