Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Toejam

Personally I couldn't care less what they play. But I'm going to see CoB in a few months and I was hoping to see some cool Rhoads guitars and the Lightning Soloist Alexander plays..

I wouldn't say Alexi Laiho is overrated at all.
    He's very creative, an awesome guitar player and he can play very difficult riffs and sing at the same time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh come on....Jackson still has me... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

cob/Alexi are big in europe, and japan..They dont need america...Hatebreeder is a classic imo. Typcal of this to happen, someone predicted that this was going to happen, **** the jackson marketing/endorsement department, you ****ing ruin it you ****s, no wonder the wider community go for EPS/ibeenhozed guitar, you're doing it to your ****ing self..Morons [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexi7:
          cob/Alexi are big in europe, and japan..They dont need america.Morons [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And Jackson is big in the states.
          They don't need the 3 USA guitars these guys sell a year in Europe and Japan.
          If he couldn't play a 24 fret Soloist for a year un till his custom shop rhoads was available,I say good riddance. [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw alexi in december with sinergy live, and there he was playing what seemed to be his good old jackson rhoads...

So I don't know, but why don't we wait untill 'hatecrew deathroll' comes out?

as for the switching, there's one feature ESP never can put on a custom for me... the Jacksonlogo on the headstock [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Svart:
              I saw alexi in december with sinergy live, and there he was playing what seemed to be his good old jackson rhoads...

So I don't know, but why don't we wait untill 'hatecrew deathroll' comes out?

as for the switching, there's one feature ESP never can put on a custom for me... the Jacksonlogo on the headstock [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The guitars he played on the recent Sinergy tour are Roope Latvala's, loaned
              to Alexi for the Sinergy tour. I can see
              why Roope wouldn't want to loan them out again for the COB tour; it increases the
              risk that he'll get ripped off too, and
              those guitars are irreplaceable.

BTW, you can buy Jackson logos on eBay so
              they actually COULD give him that feature
              - not that they WOULD! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I have to agree with Alexi7; Jackson could have stopped the presses and built
              Alexi a 24-fret Rhoads, and probably kept
              him, even without matching ESP's cash offer. They have always acted superior because they don't give guitars to artists or accomodate them in this type of situation, but that's why they've been
              sold so often and are now Fackson rather than truly Jackson.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Svart, you can order Hate crew deathroll trhough Spinefarm.. I did [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

it will be released in the rest of europe in March

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                  I think Alexi is way overrated, and I hate both of his bands. I bought Hatebreeder by CoB, and took it to a used CD store and sold it the next day. It was the worst album by far that I've ever bought.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Boxcar or anyone else, but I don't see how anyone can consider Alexi Laiho overrated. I will admit that I don't care much for his vocal style, but for all-out, heavy metal guitar soloing, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather listen to.

Boxcar, if you have not written Alexi off already, maybe you should give a listen to Sinergy's "Suicide By My Side" CD. Particularly the songs "Me, Myself, My Enemy" and "Passage to the Fourth World" I think Alexi RIPS!!!

On a side note, Alexi is still listed on the Jackson / Charvel Artists and Endorsers page on the Jackson web site. I hope he doesn't jump to ESP.

Comment

the new cob was recorded with Jacksons go look on they're site , I don't think that esp would give them and cash either , look at in flames they were the 1 st euro band to be endorsed by esp and jesper still has the same esp explorer that he's had over the years not 2 of em one thats all I've ever seen and some dumb tele thing too , mike ammot from arch enemy is endorsed by esp as well how many guitars ? 2 guitars and I know he doesn't get paid to play em either cause Jeff Loomis from nevermore told me him self , and what did Jeff get from esp ? a ltd endorsment guitars at cost , sucks hey ? esp isn't gonna pay you to play they're guitars just like Jackson doesn't pay you to play Jackson guitars , unless it's a custom sig guitar and then your getting paid for your own name on they're instrument ! COB isn't getting paid to play em they probably got 2 or 3 new ones giving to em , thats how esp hooks ya but I'd sooner quit then ever play one of those wana be guitars that are nothing but crap compared to a Jackson , ok ok ok ... that Kelly wana be thing from them isn't that bad , the custom one with the chick with the tit's ! lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                      the new cob was recorded with Jacksons go look on they're site , I don't think that esp would give them and cash either , look at in flames they were the 1 st euro band to be endorsed by esp and jesper still has the same esp explorer that he's had over the years not 2 of em one thats all I've ever seen and some dumb tele thing too , mike ammot from arch enemy is endorsed by esp as well how many guitars ? 2 guitars and I know he doesn't get paid to play em either cause Jeff Loomis from nevermore told me him self , and what did Jeff get from esp ? a ltd endorsment guitars at cost , sucks hey ? esp isn't gonna pay you to play they're guitars just like Jackson doesn't pay you to play Jackson guitars , unless it's a custom sig guitar and then your getting paid for your own name on they're instrument ! //Steve
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alexi Laiho is a bigger name in Euro-metal circles than those guys are, so ESP may make Alexi a signature model,
                      likely the closest 24-fret Rhoads knockoff they can make without getting sued by Jackson. Sure they'd pay him if
                      they could sell a few thousand guitars with his name on them, and in that market
                      I'll bet they could.

Jackson had to know he'd be easy pickings
                      for ESP after his Jacksons were stolen, but they let him be wooed away by ESP.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Wendell, maybe I should clarify. As far as THIS BOARD goes, Alexi is overrated. I'm tired of hearing about him. I've listened to Sinergy and CoB, and maybe I'm majorly missing something, but all I hear is that technique thing that was so big in the 80s. I don't sense any kind of feeling or emotion when I hear him play. And I'm sick to death of hearing about him! Maybe I'm strange, but I don't really want to hear "all out, heavy metal guitar soloing" anymore. I'd rather hear something that has more substance to me.

Comment

There is a lot of musicians held in high regard on this board that I think are overrated but I dont come down on people cuz they are mentioned a lot. I just simply skip the post. If alot is said about him then I guess that would make him worth talking about. If ya dont like him Boxcar than skip over it! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] whats the problem? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I don't really care who ESP and Ibanez pay and give free guitars to at the consumers expense. I pay for my guitars and I don't want to absorb the cost of endorsements in my purchase. The money for these paid endorsements don't come out of thin air, they are reflected in the increase of prices of the product. Also,by saving money in the production of products, like Esp's main consumer line being LTD and made in Korea.

He's a good guitar player and I feel bad his stuff was stolen. But, I am sure he can get a lot better deals on music equipment than I can. I really don't care if he or anyone else plays a Jackson. I surely don't want to pay for it. If you guys do, send him one of your Jacksons.

Who knows maybe he can get his own Silvertone like Paul Stanley that has to be lucrative

[ January 19, 2003, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                              There is a lot of musicians held in high regard on this board that I think are overrated but I dont come down on people cuz they are mentioned a lot. I just simply skip the post. If alot is said about him then I guess that would make him worth talking about. If ya dont like him Boxcar than skip over it! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] whats the problem? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] yea, what he said [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] one for Dave
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

errr, pulverizer..have you even played a soloist or a rhoads? a rhoads will always feel different to a soloist...watch some live CoB, alexi tilts his rhoads to the ****house, its almost vertical, you cant do that with a soloist. Also, the horns on the soloists, when played at a higher than normal angle, cause too much friction on the body, and if you're playing a solo, and you wanna move your guitar so you can reach the higher frets, you will **** up...Im speaking from experience....

I think people talk alot about Alexi because not everyone has heard him. When they do, they have to say something, because whatever you might think, the ****er is talented...you want feeling? listen to the warheart solo...Listen to most harmonies in CoB songs, they have that, even thoug alot of the solos might not.
                                [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X