Glen Drover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glen Drover

The capacity of The Odeon is 950; The Agora Ballroom 700; The Agora Theater 1,800. I'm sure these places have crammed more people than their official capacity limits at times.

The Agora Theatre (Glen has played there with KD) is around 1800+. Although I was told they got 2400 in for Queensryche, that really seems a bit much. But, the way the place is laid out with a large central hallway and bar area between the two venues (they're in the same building), it's possible I guess... They'll over sell at the door if it gets busy.

However, it is rare that it gets that busy.

[ December 02, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

I notice that a few of you reside in Cleveland - is this the case?? we are looking into playing a festival show in Cleveland in 2003 - whether it happens or not remains to be seen [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] but we are lobbying for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

cheers
      shawn - eidolon
      www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com

Comment

Dave, the accoustic part you hear at the beginning of the Pentacle Star is an Ovation. there are 4 tracks for that part. 2 for the main, and 2 for the melody line. (harmonized)
        I guess i'm what you call a "Purist" i don't use harmonizers, pro tools, or anything like that for Anthing. what you hear on our albums is old school. we don't fix drums, vocals or anything. i feel that when you use gimmicks like that, it takes some of the life out of the recording. so if you hear a little flub here and there, you know why. Although i Defy anyone to point one out! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jeff,

The headphones of choice for me at this point is an older model of "Koss". Even though most of their stuff is nothing to brag about, these particular ones are very cool! the model i can't remember right now.

And thank you to Cleavland Metal and horns for all the kind words. glad you like what we are doing!

Comment

Hey Shawn,

I will be most likely quite aware of that show. I may also know or know of the promoters... Let me know what's going with that... the name and promoters etc.

If it's our usual metal festival like the one King Diamond played with Glen a couple years ago, at the Cleveland Agora, we'll probably be playing it with Evilution. That show was probably booked through Mitch at Spotlight.

We really do have lotsa metal stuff going on here in Cleveland... Not that people always support it very well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Mostly big national acts get the crowds. Iced Earth is finally pulling around 900-1000 people to a show here... 4 years ago, it was 130! So things are looking up!

Let me know if you find out what that show is about.
          [email protected]

John / Evilution

Comment

I have a subscription to BW & BK and yes it is the best Metal mag ...Period Well worth the $50 per year . It comes with a compilation so ya can check out the new metal stuff just released!!

HEY GLEN ,
            I have the Marshall 9200 Monobloc and JMP-1 . I really think I can dial it up pretty close to your tone . Have you ever owned or played that system and is close to your VS100 in your opinion , I need to know!! My friend John and bandmate is watching that valvestate on Ebay. I play a Bogner Uberschall in Evilution and that's not even close to your tone but I think my Marshall is...Your opinion is highly valued [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bill Z

[ December 03, 2002, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks for the info , cleveland - I do know all about the AGORA theatre, as I did the house of god tour ( king diamond ) with glen - I was andy larocque's guitar tech - nice venue......

cheers
              shawn - eidolon

Comment

Horns, do you live near cleveland as well?????

Comment

Yes Shawn John is my good friend and bandmate...

Bill Z Bub / Evilution

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, Bill is stuck here in Cleveland sharing guitar duties in Evilution with me, haha...

But, as much as we blaspheme the place, it does have some redeeeming factors. The metal scene isn't so bad as we seem to think I guess.

I was talking with Russell Allen and Michael Romeo from Symphony X after their Cleveland show last night about them having such a hard time breaking the US market and getting label support for tours and US promotion. I mentioned you guys were in somewhat the same situation. Romeo was interested in hearing you and will be checking out your material a bit he said.

They'll be back through the US, on a headlining tour late this year possibly... I told them they'd be well served to get in touch with you for support. Hmmm.. What a pairing of bands, hehe...

Comment

We played in Montreal the night after they did ( with Gamma Ray ) as part of a 2 day metal fest sort of thing, so we hung out with those dudes for a good part of the evening. Glen and Michael Romeo have been communicating via e-mail prior to our meeting with them, so it was nice to hook up with them. they do indeed have our latest record ( coma nation ) whether they actually give it a listen is hard to say, really. Very cool dudes, ,I must say......thanks for mentioning us to them - cool of you to do so.......As for wondering on Cleveland's metal scene - its a well known fact that your city is one of the biggest supporters for metal in America!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

cheers
                      shawn - eidolon

Comment

You could of fooled me........... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bill Z Who

Comment

could HAVE
                          could HAVE!

[img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh yeah - Hi Glen & Shawn!
                            It's great to have you guys here!

I was wondering why this thread got so huge!
                            [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi RACER X!!!! hey dude, both Glen and myself are ****ing HUGE RACER X fans!!!!!! have you heard their new live record??? how is it, if you have indeed heard it??? let me know if you have a chance [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

cheers
                              shawn - eidolon

Comment

Ron ,Bite me.......do it now!.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The New Live Racer X is OK....Nothing new actually . The last two reunioin studio releases is awesome !

Bill Z Bulb

Comment

Working...
                                X