Stabbing the Drama - Soilwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stabbing the Drama - Soilwork

STD and FNF both were snoozefests. I also didn't like Predator's Portrait. They need to utilize the 'singing' like they did on Natural Born Chaos! The riffs have also kind of declined. They seem to be getting more focused on the vocalist.

[ QUOTE ]
    Steel Bath / Chainheart / Natural Born..that SOILWORK!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%! Those three albums are great!

Comment

Either I'm high , delerious or somethin'...but I didn't understand one fucking word you two guys just said.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

well I just understood Inearthed...so I can't be too high..

that's right inearthed...Now THAT is Soilwork...don't you want your fuckin' Soilwork back too!!!

I want my fuckin' Soilwork back!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

goddammit ...sonofabitch! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

soilwork to me went from a leading band to one of the so many out there, not standing out enough the way they did before FNF...

Comment

The emphasis on vocals is EXACTLY what is ruining bands like Soilwork and In Flames. The sad fact is that most death metal vocalists are extremely mediocre *singers* and all the harmonies in the world won't change that. I remember seeing Soilwork live on the NBC tour and Speed was really struggling with the clean singing.

Growled vocals never really appealed to me, but it's painful to witness the music suffering on account of vocalists wanting to become "singers".
            sigpic

Comment

speed has improved his clean singing a ton while playing live since that in flames/chimaira/soilwork tour a couple years back. he sounded damn good on their headlining tour w/ dark tranquillity this past spring.

i guess im in the minority here but i like STD better than NBC...nothing will ever top a predator's portrait though, as far as im concerned.

Comment

Inazone!!!!.."The emphasis on vocals is EXACTLY what is ruining bands like Soilwork and In Flames. The sad fact is that most death metal vocalists are extremely mediocre *singers* and all the harmonies in the world won't change that. I remember seeing Soilwork live on the NBC tour and Speed was really struggling with the clean singing.

Growled vocals never really appealed to me, but it's painful to witness the music suffering on account of vocalists wanting to become "singers". ""

Dude...fuckin' A man..I absolutely agree. I couldn't say that better myself..mainly because I'm very high..

But thanks for articulating a very VALID issue with this crap!

Seems they are just compromising who they are in an attempt to be "accessible" to more people..americans mostly...whenever these bands from sweden / europe or whatever seem to get some attention in the states..they dummy down and attempt to adapt to whatever is popular here...the last in flames album had all kinds of "KORN" type bullshit on it...STD doesn't even sound like Soilwork..

I want my Soil fuckin' work back! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good call Inazone! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

My main beef with In Flames and Soilwork is: What happened to the guitar solos?

It just ain't metal without a ripping guitar solo, IMO.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] yeah.. what he said ...especially Soilwork "guitar solos"...all the solos have been replaced by gay melodic singing.....das NOT metal??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

That is ....hi mom...I'm gay! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd like to see a 'melodic death metal' / Gothenburg band that would have full time singing, but not the boring / wussy style of singing. Some ballsy stuff like Jens Karlsson from Persuader (who is on the short list of power metal singers I can actually stand). I guess the closest thing to that would probably be something like Ensiferum / Wintersun, but they're not really in that genre.

Comment

Working...
                      X