No announcement yet.

New Dream Theater...thoughts anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Dream Theater...thoughts anyone?

Its really starting to grow on me.Its definatley different then the last few cd's.Some songs i skip but there are 2-3 that really like.

Comment

i guess no one here has found this yet
      http://www.bumblelovesmusic.com/musi...TheseSongs.mp3

DT in the right channel, linkin park in the left channel

same exact song.

Comment

"By the way, are you telling me you *don't* have the second Masterplan album yet? What kind of Jorn Lande fan are you, anyway? "...

I hear ya man...yeah , I usually get this stuff as soon as it comes out ..but all my mail order "peeps" were all outta stock... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I got a HUGE list of new metal stuff to get ...and that is at the top of the heap.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess I won't worry about the new DT until I see it used for five bucks...I'm sure I'll find plenty pretty soon..

at my favorite , local used cd shop...I can buy St Anger for 50 cents all day long......50 cents! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

same exact song.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhaaa, I knew that something was wrong with that song, see my erlier post where I said that that song is the worst that DT has made and now it turned out to be a Linkin Park song [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ..I would have never known that ...I loathe Linkin' Park..I wouldn't know any of their songs if it bit me in the ass...and I want to keep it that way! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I KNEW I KNEW THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounded so familiar, now I know why! That Linkin Park song was on the fucking radio so much some time during the last year. This is disgusting.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

same exact song.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not Dream Theater! That's the Chipmonks! Is that their new album, Chipmunk Metal?? I used to have Chipmunk Punk when I was a kid... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously... Dream Theater has always had a history of borrowing arrangements or riffs from other bands. On Images & Words, I think it's "Another Day" that has the same basic arrangement as Kansas' "Song for America".

Let's face it though... Theres practically nothing new under the sun. You can only do so much with 12 tones.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, that's different than ripping off a friggin' Linkin Park (!!) song almost note by note. This is so sickening, I haven't been feeling right all afternoon after hearing this! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

havent heard it yet, but wanna.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Let's face it though... Theres practically nothing new under the sun. You can only do so much with 12 tones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, but that's a bit like saying "You can only do so much with the 26 letters of the Alphabet", at least AFAIC. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Of course there are limitations and creating something totally new is almost impossible, but that song's a blatant ripoff. I don't mean to blame them, I rip off other bands regularly... but I expected a little more effort from a band of DT's caliber, that's all. They can play cheesy tunes for all I care, they just did it better in the past. AFAIC anyway.

Comment

I've never liked DT, so glad it sucks for all of you now too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          <---hasn't really followed DT since Scenes From A Memory

I've heard bits and pieces of 6 Degrees, and Train Of Thought, but I think they were becoming too over-indulgent.
                          (IMO)

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I'm with you on this one, man.

I got so excited when 6 Degrees was released, I went out and bought it the first day. I didn't like a single track from the entire CD. So I pretty much just stopped following them. I heard two tracks from the new one and I found them to be quite disappointing. I didn't believe my friend when he told me it was Dream Theater.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            at my favorite , local used cd shop...I can buy St Anger for 50 cents all day long......50 cents!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ripoff.

Comment

I've always liked DT. Most of their albums took a while to grow on me, but this one I can deal with a couple tracks and that's it. I thought I was starting to like it but I'm still not sure. Even Scenes I thought sucked at first, but now I think it's their best work. Part of the problem is having band members producing. I think a good producer is crucial and shouldn't be a member of the band. But, that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X