Adrian Smith has new toys.......& I want them too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    I have a 6-string TX coming in Run 2, so thought I'd make the Goliath a 7. It'll be my second WMI 7 - already have a Schecter JL7
    Lucky you! I was really tempted. I might opt in a later run.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      I have a 6-string TX coming in Run 2, so thought I'd make the Goliath a 7. It'll be my second WMI 7 - already have a Schecter JL7

beat me to it! Did you fly down just for the show?

Went to Sydney for a few days first to see a cousin in hospital and meet one of my Vinnie Vincent posse (Yeah we're all nutbags at the VVFF! We know!), then flew up to Brissy to see the show. I don't have much of a choice living where I do. Have to fly that 1000 miles (at the least) to see anyone I like....1500 to see Dream Theater in Sydney in 2014. Flights are cheap enough these days and on Qantas you get the TV screen now, so it's not that bad a trip....not that at 6'4" in my shoes, it's anything comfy!

Show was good, Bruce had a ripper and with the cheap orange earplugs, the mix was not too bad. Wonder what the story was with Yanick playing a 3 p/u Les Paul (looked like an Epi headstock from where I was at the mixing desk) for the first verse of the opening song?

The Red & The Black still sux arse though!

Adrian's tone was pretty sweet too.
      www.vvforums.com

Comment

The Sydney show last night was beyond phenomenal. The only iffy bit was the kick mic may have been playing up, the first few songs it was missing half the beats randomly. You could hear it but the thud just wasn't there all the time.

Adrian's new axes looked amazing, especially the green one. Such an amazing show, if any of you have the opportunity, don't pass it up. My kids had a blast, we didn't bother with our earplugs, it wasn't loud but the sound was perfect.

Maiden forever \m/

Comment

we didn't wear plugs in Brisbane. Adrian's tone was fantastic. I thought the overall mix was not great. My drummer was sitting in up in the stands & asked if I could understand any of the lyrics. Some songs it just sounded a bit woolly to me. The stageshow was great though. I dragged the wife & kids along & they all had a great time. Might have finally converted the wifie to the dark side. She's loaded her Walkman up with Maiden now and was joking about following the band around the country

the best part was watching her reaction. We've been to some pretty big name shows over the years, but she hasn't seen a spectacle like Maiden. The lightshow, the fire, Bruce's energy & banter, the crowd. She was a bit concerned going to her first metal show (I've always been a metalhead but I'm one of the nice ones - the rest of them are scary folks with piercings & black tshirts) but is totally a convert now
          Last edited by VitaminG; 05-07-2016, 10:45 PM.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Guy in New Zealand had a pic taken at a concert with Smith last night, and, apparently, Adrian said there're plans to make another 100 copies of the X-Stroyer.
            Does that 'X-Stroyer' have sharkfin or block inlays in ebony or rosewood fretboard with neck-thru or bolt-on construction?

Comment

Adrian's has blocks, neck thru & i would say ebony

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
                Does that 'X-Stroyer' have sharkfin or block inlays in ebony or rosewood fretboard with neck-thru or bolt-on construction?
                I can only assume ebony, blocks and neck thru...same as the others. But, variations are quite possible.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Guy in New Zealand had a pic taken at a concert with Smith last night, and, apparently, Adrian said there're plans to make another 100 copies of the X-Stroyer.
                  I'd buy one copy on the fly!

Comment

Dave had a new "big head" HSH Strat too! And a new hairpiece to boot!

www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                    X