No announcement yet.

The Local Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Cruz has some really cool stuff. I've been a fan for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
      will never understand why folks think it is more difficult to "shred" on a Les Paul

I don't think that it is "more difficult", but different necks make me play differently -- which, sort of makes it more difficult.
      Take Ibanez as an example. They make me want to play very 'technical' music. It is just the way that they fit in my hand, that if I am not playing precisely the right note in the right scale, that it just seems off. Ibanez makes me play that "classical scale" metal that I hate.

Gibson makes we want to "blues" it up. Get a little loose in the "structure" department. Even if it is a metal-blues like Slash. That is what Gibson does to me. I just don't feel like playing Steve Vai when I have a Gibson in my hand.

Comment

For them to shred the way they do on Les Pauls is amazing

Was referring to this quote...see this kinda comment ALOT

Comment

Was referring to this quote...see this kinda comment ALOT
          You see it a lot because Les Pauls are difficult to play past the 18th fret. That's pretty much the one dig on them.

Comment

Not for everybody they're not...most players seem to think so because most "shredders" (& metal players) prefer thin/wide necks...which sux for those of us who do not...finding a "metal guitar/shredder" w/a fat neck isn't easy...& that sux

Comment

Not for everybody they're not...most players seem to think so because most "shredders" (& metal players) prefer thin/wide necks...which sux for those of us who do not...finding a "metal guitar/shredder" w/a fat neck isn't easy...& that sux
              It doesn't have anything to do with the shape of the neck, it's the access past the 18th fret. Les Pauls are much harder to play past the 18th fret than a Jackson Soloist/Dinky, Ibanez RG, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

You should play a Kramer SM-1. It has a pretty thick neck and is spec'd out well.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  It doesn't have anything to do with the shape of the neck, it's the access past the 18th fret. Les Pauls are much harder to play past the 18th fret than a Jackson Soloist/Dinky, Ibanez RG, etc. etc. etc.
                  That´s why I did this to my LP Studio, not quite an Axcess, but better anyway:

My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

You see it a lot because Les Pauls are difficult to play past the 18th fret. That's pretty much the one dig on them.
                    That's the thing the neck joint is huge. My pinky is really short unusually proportionate short... Call me a freak and a Lester is hard in the upper register for me for sure... I love the necks though!!!

I agree that the thickness isn't the issue it is the joint in that case.

A super fat les Paul 59 neck though tires my hand out pretty quick. If I had Vai hands though it would likely be super comfy...
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

If you prefer "Jackson Soloist/Dinky, Ibanez RG, etc" maybe...but not "much harder" for everybody...does not hinder me (nor many other players) @ all

Comment

Working...
                      X