The Local Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Local Band

What happens when you take Finland's top rock/metal players and have them play 80's USA glam/hair metal ???

The Local Band

Alexi Laiho(Children of Bodom): Lead Guitar
    Olli Herman(Reckless Love & Crashdiet): Lead Vocals
    Archie Cruz(Santa Cruz): Bass

You can tell they're just having fun but what a crazy band. Alexi Laiho playing 80's hair metal and Archie Cruz who may actually be a better guitar player than Alexi Laiho on Bass(Archie is the lead singer and guitar player of Santa Cruz). Then you have Olli Herman who is the amazing frontman of Reckless Love. I'm not sure who the drummer is, may have to check them out.

Please realize this is a mediocre audio YouTube video and not something pro produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwE7CTh-3OA

Eh, not really a fan of bunny boy.

Actually not a horrible set list, just an oddly picked list with a few good songs. I don't like most of those songs anymore, but they could have picked a lot worse.

I would have preferred to see bunny boy play some RATT or Dokken instead of Skid Row and Guns n Roses...

Not bad I guess.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm kind of making my way through the whole show. Somewhere in the middle Alexi and Archie trade guitar and bass and I sware Archie is a better guitar player than Alexi. They also mentioned somewhere in the middle that this was the 3rd show they had played and originally did it as a joke and are now signed to make an EP and going to tour Japan. I wonder if the EP will be original songs ???

Comment

I just grabbed COB's 'I worhip Chaos'. I'm not feelin' it. They can be real hit or miss with me. Alexi is a very good solid player. If anything, I can always recognize his style..which is important.

I got one of their cover CDs w/ Britney Spears "oops I did it again". Which he puts his spin on, as you can imagine..or not.

They only thing I got recently I like guitar-wise is the last couple Helstar, and Symphony X' Underworld. I can easily recognize their styles too. Many good players that don't have a sig that stands out.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bunny boy is big in Japan, so yeah, I can see that getting a lot of money there with an 80's tribute.

Yeah, COB is a bit hit or miss for me too. I like the older stuff, but I don't like stuff about the time he started doing all the silly covers. That was a while back. lol

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            I just grabbed COB's 'I worhip Chaos'. I'm not feelin' it.

Agreed Bill....love "Something Wild" thru "Are You Dead Yet?" ....but their recent shite = swing & a miss....

Comment

Bunny Boy was a dick I met him way back 2002. Roope was fall down wasted. He would have fallen if I did hold him up for an hour..

Alexi has very small hands. like WTF kinda small. He was being a dick when I mentioned Jackson. They coulds, shoulda made him his sig. See hindsight proves me right. ....I digress. Jeff Loomis came out and yelled for me, so Roope fell down ..so I could see Jeffrey Loomy!

Alexi is big in Japan. Well that explain the Marty cd. I like that song Lycanthrope.

Well, I'm a nocturnal wolf-dragon howlin' at the devil moon with blood on my pud. Cut my self shavin'...goddamit!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, Jackson was never as good to Alexi as they should have been. They treated him like a B list artist, which in Europe, he certainly was not. He loved the brand. His guitars got stolen... if I remember correctly, then Jackson dropped the ball and he went to ESP because they were ready to treat him like a big endorsee.

Comment

Both Archie and Johnny Cruz are incredible players and get pretty nice sounds from their Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    Both Archie and Johnny Cruz are incredible players and get pretty nice sounds from their Les Pauls.
                    Yeah, I really like those guys as artists a lot. For them to shred the way they do on Les Pauls is amazing.

Here's what everyone needs to see of Santa Cruz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4pGfTQx_hg (excuse the 1st 30 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyKthUuwTo

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                      Yeah, I really like those guys as artists a lot. For them to shred the way they do on Les Pauls is amazing.

Here's what everyone needs to see of Santa Cruz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4pGfTQx_hg (excuse the 1st 30 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyKthUuwTo
                      Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...

Comment

Apparently, this band is taking off with an album and tour. This is a little different than what I might expect to see from these guys but it's interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORWsp8Yz5g

Take a look at Alexi's guitars. Can't quite get a good view of the headstock but are those still ESP's ? Headstock shape almost looks like a GJ2.
                        Last edited by lepard; 02-23-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

ESP

& will never understand why folks think it is more difficult to "shred" on a Les Paul...not everybody prefers thin/wide necks

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post

Take a look at Alexi's guitars. Can't quite get a good view of the headstock but are those still ESP's ? Headstock shape almost looks like a GJ2.

ESP guitar.
                            Charvel bass.

Comment

Originally posted by dscythe View Post
                              Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...
                              Woah! Same here!!! Didn't these guys but they rock! Thanks for sharing.
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X