Chris Holmes....wtf happenned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
    How can anyone compare Poison to WASP? Or claim they could barely play? Sure, they wrote some cheesy party songs but they also did stuff like this:

WASP were and are an excellent band. Chris might be fucked up but he has a playing style that's instantly recognizable.
    That's what I'm saying!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
      Well to us older metal guys your music is the gimmick, you guys have no "scene" no style, some of you wear a hair style I call "triangle" where the hair is off to one side brushed toward the front in a feathering fashion then into a point , pants that sag in the ass exposing boxers + a pair of shorts and belted below the waist, but are skin tight from the legs down to some baggy sneakers wearing ankle socks that are rainbow colored....(satire- ahead ) now who's the gimmick ya dirty sheep fuckers! You make me wanna

I guess the old saying is true, every generation scorns the next, and y'all look way worse than we did oh and your music sucks!

I hope this isn't directed at me LOL! I was gigging in 1980 do the math
      the only band I've really liked that has come out in the last 20 years was Nevermore and they aren't even together anymore.
      Maybe I shouldn't have said they suck but I look back at a lot of the bands that were getting attention in the 80's and
      I just shake my head. A lot of it was garbage, a lot of it was great. Wasp I have to place in the former category,
      but to each his own if you like it ......Rock on
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I wasn't big on their earlier stuff but Headless Children was a pretty good album. I listened to it quite a lot back in the day.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I still listen to WASP a lot when I work out.....Mean Man, Helldorado, Scream Until You Like It, Cocaine Cowboys, Chainsaw Charlie....real good stuff still to me.

Poison.....not so much, although admittedly I did see them a few time back in the their heyday when it was all just a party with girls and strip club music
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

The main problem with WASP in the past 20 years has been the fact Blackie keeps recycling his own riffs. You'll be listening to a "new" song waiting on the chorus to "Wild Child" or something to kick in cos it's the exact same fucking riff!
            Larz, some of the songs on Helldorado were really good, if a little throwaway, but fuck me, I get embarrassed now, as a 38 year-old father-of-two listening to Blackie going on about his "ammonia balls" and that nonsense. The Unholy Terror and Dying For the World albums were great though. Darrell Roberts played some great solos on the latter.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
              I hope this isn't directed at me LOL! I was gigging in 1980 do the math
              the only band I've really liked that has come out in the last 20 years was Nevermore and they aren't even together anymore.
              Maybe I shouldn't have said they suck but I look back at a lot of the bands that were getting attention in the 80's and
              I just shake my head. A lot of it was garbage, a lot of it was great. Wasp I have to place in the former category,
              but to each his own if you like it ......Rock on
              No, no, no, I was just saying today's music is the gimmick and kids today have no scene and style and I feel they're getting robbed IMO and the rest was just teasing em. I tease my 2 sons (18 , 15) all the time about some of the modern shit they listen to " that's not metal" "hipster" ,the scene (over all) in the 80's and 90's and on the east coast was the bomb and I had a blast! I should have used " this generation" instead of "you" my bad... just today vs yesterday lol. We all like what we like and it's that simple. Wasn't trying to you personally.

"I was gigging in 1980 do the math"
              record anything? got anything you did you could share/link?, thrash, hard rock?
              Last edited by Jackson8090s; 08-13-2015, 04:48 PM.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                I still listen to WASP a lot when I work out.....Mean Man, Helldorado, Scream Until You Like It, Cocaine Cowboys, Chainsaw Charlie....real good stuff still to me.

Poison.....not so much, although admittedly I did see them a few time back in the their heyday when it was all just a party with girls and strip club music
                Wasp was acceptable around the guys I hung with, Poison wasn't , you couldn't hang with your buddies out on the street blasting Poison and look hard, it was cock rock, you did that with chicks, you'd get your ass kicked for being a POSER! That's the way I remember it.
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

No, no, no, I was just saying today's music is the gimmick and kids today have no scene and style and I feel they're getting robbed IMO and the rest was just teasing em. I tease my 2 sons (18 , 15) all the time about some of the modern shit they listen to " that's not metal" "hipster" ,the scene (over all) in the 80's and 90's and on the east coast was the bomb and I had a blast! I should have used " this generation" instead of "you" my bad... just today vs yesterday lol. We all like what we like and it's that simple. Wasn't trying to you personally.

"I was gigging in 1980 do the math"
                  record anything? got anything you did you could share/link?, thrash, hard rock?
                  I actually just found out that an old friend of mine has en entire show recorded we did at Jumping Jack flash on tape from 1981, he said he's going to get onto CD and get me a copy. I'll post something up as soon as I have a copy.
                  We were a like a cross between Sabbath, Rush and Van Halen. It was pretty rowdy technical metal. Mike Mangini was our drummer back then, and even at 19 he kicked total ass. He laid down some seriously cool grooves with my brother (bass player)
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

you'd get your ass kicked for being a POSER! That's the way I remember it.
                    The good old days....now every emo hipster crabcore fag must have his fee-fees acknowledged
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                      The good old days....now every emo hipster crabcore fag must have his fee-fees acknowledged
                      "Rock" music now is a little too earnest. Everything is about sad snowflakes. Honestly, the rap scene now fills where metal and hard rock used to be- banging chicks, getting shitfaced, getting in fights, partying. We might not use the same language or the same instruments, but a lot of it is the same sentiment- get out there and fucking rip it.

If Motley or Guns hit today, same guys, updated sound and look, they'd blow up. The scene is starving for some attitude. Everyone is so fucking "nice" and inoffensive now. Imagine if someone wrote "One in a Million" today, or "Girls Girls Girls". The social justice warriors would leave a 30000 mile shit streak across Twitter and the justice department would open an investigation.
                      Last edited by Vass; 08-15-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                        I actually just found out that an old friend of mine has en entire show recorded we did at Jumping Jack flash on tape from 1981, he said he's going to get onto CD and get me a copy. I'll post something up as soon as I have a copy.
                        We were a like a cross between Sabbath, Rush and Van Halen. It was pretty rowdy technical metal. Mike Mangini was our drummer back then, and even at 19 he kicked total ass. He laid down some seriously cool grooves with my brother (bass player)
                        Cool dude, I dug those groups back then and still do today, the bass player for a group I was with also has an old vhs tape of us practicing in his back yard, I've asked him to find it several times ( because he claims to still have it) so I could convert it to DVD , he never gets around to it, it'd be super cool to show that to my kids cause I know we were ripping down some old Met & Slayer at that time.
                        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post

Vass
                          If Motley or Guns hit today, same guys, updated sound and look, they'd blow up. The scene is starving for some attitude. Everyone is so fucking "nice" and inoffensive now. Imagine if someone wrote "One in a Million" today, or "Girls Girls Girls". The social justice warriors would leave a 30000 mile shit streak across Twitter and the justice department would open an investigation.
                          Yup!

I think THAT group exists within the membership of this forum it'd just be getting people together to brainstorm and hit off one anothers riff's / beats.
                          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I think THAT group exists within the membership of this forum it'd just be getting people together to brainstorm and hit off one anothers riff's / beats.

I kind of feel the same as that other guy said ----
                            At my age, I feel a little weird at the thought of dressing in spandex and talking about all of the sex and parties. That is just not who I am anymore. Even 'guitar solos' have lost their interest.

I drink, even to excess. And I still have sex with random women. But the 24 hour party doesn't interest me anymore.

But, yes, you are correct. THAT group is very much represented in this place. How could it not be. Jackson WAS Hair Metal. You don't see them down in New Orleans with the Jazz players. Or in Nashville with the hillbillies. Just the rockers.

Maybe if I hadn't expanded into other business ventures and was still solely involved with music, that would be a different story? But once I started in the bar business - everything snowballed and 'calm' ensued.
                            Last edited by pianoguyy; 08-15-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                              Imagine if someone wrote "One in a Million" today, or "Girls Girls Girls".
                              They would be massive hits
                              BECAUSE:
                              The social justice warriors would leave a 30000 mile shit streak across Twitter and the justice department would open an investigation.
                              C'mon, the SJWs were THE reason for metal's succes
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I never wore spandex back then at 140lbs now at 210lbs fuck! I think there's more reasons then being out of style for most of us not to wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X