No announcement yet.

Ed... being Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling now that Eddie knows Sammy is riding shotgun on Michael Anthony he won't say another word. In the battle for public opinion (and give me a break- Eddie DOES care about that) he's going to take a horrendous beating, if for no other reason than that stupid eyes-wide-open-eyebrows-jacked-I-am-being-square-with-you faces seen at 10000000 bars near closing when someone "lost their wallet" homeless face he makes.

Huge fan, loved him growing up, but as an adult... I know that guy, I avoid that guy and his 1000 reasons why it's everyone else's fault.

Comment

Sooooo apparantly MA doesn't sing very well either.

Eh, whatever. I've got my tix already. I haven't seen them with Roth yet and there aren't that many rock concerts to choose from this year in Charlotte.

Comment

The whole interview was vile douche-baggery. The MA thing is clearly just a deflection of blame from EVH's decision to keep Wolfy in the current "classic era" band. It's not what fans want, and EVH's reaction to that criticism was to s**t on MA as a defense, instead.

Ed needs help, and with more than just his alcohol and drug addictions. I sincerely hope he gets that help, and gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          The MA thing is clearly just a deflection of blame from EVH's decision to keep Wolfy in the current "classic era" band. It's not what fans want, and EVH's reaction to that criticism was to s**t on MA as a defense, instead.
          I think this pretty much sums it up

Ed doesn't need help, there's never something wrong a narcissist, only the people around them
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

His ego will always fuck him in some way. Not enough to cost him to lose money, but enough from keeping him from being as high on the rock-god pedestals as he imagines himself as deserving.

And I don't blame Roth for not wanting to be his friend. EVH trashed Roth for years after Roth initially left. And shredder is spot on about MA. It's all about him trying to justify nepotism, and not about any substance.

EVH is reminding me more and more of Gene Simmons who does nothing but trash former bandmates while acting like his shit is supreme. It's childish.

Comment

Bashing Mike is so transparent....

Even if he wasn't a bass virtuoso, he provided some of the best backup vocals in the business and nobody can duplicate their songs without him, especially now that Dave has no upper register any longer.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Who would've guessed that Ed would be one of the few that become more of an asshole after sobering up. Humility? Atonement? Reconciliation? Fuck that!
                LMAO! He refers to himself as a 'former alcoholic' too!

Comment

With Ed's poor attitude and David Lee Roth's horrendous live vocals, I have no desire to spend another dime on this band. It would just dilute the good memories.

Comment

absolutely! And it costs a fortune too - watch and of the youtube videos of them now and it aint pretty!

Comment

Working...
                    X