New Megadeth line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewbag View Post
    Im not too into that robotic shred stuff, so pretty annoying how Kiko is like Broderick in this way.. thats what was so cool about Marty...the feel in his solo's are amazing. Dave should have chose someone with more feel to bring that element back into the music, then again it is a lot easier to program a robot to do your bidding ha
    Kiko is nothing like Broderick!... He's a much accomplished musician and composer, and he's considered one of the top Metal musicians in Brazil (and globally in the power/prog genre), both in techniques and feel. However, he isn't a Thrasher in the normal sense we've accustomed to, and he's too melodic of a guitarist and very progressive, so I really think him being in Megadeth is a very strange mix!!!!

That being said, he isn't even close to Marty's bendy exotic style, and that's what worries me a little. I careless of Megadeth's music these days (even though it's one my favorite thrash bands of all time), but I care about Kiko's reputation getting tarnished with Dave's stupid writing skills!
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Ah i see, I will have to check out more of Kiko...I will admit i only saw one video that was posted on a news feed about Megadeths new guitarist. Made the assumption that he was similar to Broderick on that one video ha. With chris Addler on the drums for this new album I am defo looking forward to hearing what they all have to offer.. rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
        Kiko is nothing like Broderick!... He's a much accomplished musician and composer, and he's considered one of the top Metal musicians in Brazil (and globally in the power/prog genre), both in techniques and feel. However, he isn't a Thrasher in the normal sense we've accustomed to, and he's too melodic of a guitarist and very progressive, so I really think him being in Megadeth is a very strange mix!!!!

That being said, he isn't even close to Marty's bendy exotic style, and that's what worries me a little. I careless of Megadeth's music these days (even though it's one my favorite thrash bands of all time), but I care about Kiko's reputation getting tarnished with Dave's stupid writing skills!
        Having Kiko, Mustaine and LoG guy... three different styles, definitely. So I guess Mustaine wants to make some Progressive Mallcore.

Oh, and Angra > Lamb of God. No question.

Even though I kinda like some LoG and don't like Angra.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

how soon till jackson discontinues broderick model?

Comment

Why would Jackson discontinue the Broderick model? He's in a new band called Act of Defiance, and they'll be putting an album out shortly. I forget who the singer is, but Shawn Drover is on drums, and Matt Bachand (rhythm guitar player from Shadows Fall) is playing bass. Should be pretty cool.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Why would Jackson discontinue the Broderick model? He's in a new band called Act of Defiance, and they'll be putting an album out shortly. I forget who the singer is, but Shawn Drover is on drums, and Matt Bachand (rhythm guitar player from Shadows Fall) is playing bass. Should be pretty cool.
              Yeah, I'm with Joe. No way they discontinue the Broderick model. They are really nice (and different from every other Jackson) and have gotten great reviews. The snips we've heard so far from AOD sound cool and I can't wait to hear the finished product. We all know the musicians are very talented (Yes Shawn too....flame away if you don't think so) and Henry Derek Bonner formerly of Scar the Martyr has a pretty good voice and feel. While it will not be Megadeth, I think it's going to be really good. Jackson should keep Chris and set their sites on Kiko too!
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by drewbag View Post
                Ah i see, I will have to check out more of Kiko...I will admit i only saw one video that was posted on a news feed about Megadeths new guitarist. Made the assumption that he was similar to Broderick on that one video ha. With chris Addler on the drums for this new album I am defo looking forward to hearing what they all have to offer.. rock on!
                In addition to his amazing career with Angra, he has a solo career as well and has played with different artist, check out his latest solo record Sounds of Innocence, it's rock/fusion shred type of a record that also shows his Brazilian progressive style:

Comment

Just bring back poland already

Comment

inspired by this discussion, I broke out the old Angra live in Sao Paulo dvd yesterday. It's 14 frikkin' years old already! Kiko just tears it up. Rafael does too. Actually, the whole band is great. Kiko gets some 8 finger tapping going at one point too, so if that is required to cop some Broderick licks, he should be alright
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Friedman is never rejoining. He's holding a grudge that he's never gonna let go of

Comment

"Is it just me, or is Dave starting to look like William H. Macy?" -Newc.

Hah! I'm going to think that every time I see one or the other now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                          Friedman is never rejoining. He's holding a grudge that he's never gonna let go of
                          Hard to say, Marty has been a class act about the whole subject, not to mention he's doing very well on his own with his own rules and no one else's. That being said here is a statement that he said not too long ago:

"Well, I've never really said 'never' to anything like that. But just because there's a vacancy in the band, that's certainly no reason for me to be interested in it."
                          He continued: "I have great relationships with everybody in the band — [and I] always have — [and] I would not be against considering anything that they would be willing to bring up for me to consider. So if there were something that would be exciting for me to consider, or exciting for me to do, I would be more than willing to check into it."

Comment

Marty won't come back because, well...have you heard Inferno? And have you heard Super Collider? They're worlds apart (not even in terms of quality which is subjective, but stylistically).
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Marty won't come back because he'd like more than Dave's willing to offer.

Comment

From the horse's (Marty's) mouth;

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mar...tep-backwards/
                                www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                                X