New Megadeth line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Megadeth line-up

The one on the left is Kiko Loureiro and the one on the right is Chris Adler from Lamb of God. Chris is just going to be drumming on the next album, while Kiko is a permanent member. Exited that a new album is in the making, but a little disappointed that Marty Friedman and Nick Menza didn't rejoin as I was hoping for that.

Anyone who knows Adler's drumming should be stoked about this.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Supercollider was a let down after Endgame IMO.

Hope this change breathes some new life back into them.
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Looking forward to something fresh from them soon!

Comment

Well, the drums on the next Megadeth album are going to kick a lot of ass. Dave looks pretty old in that pic sitting next to a couple 40 year olds hehe.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Well, the drums on the next Megadeth album are going to kick a lot of ass.
            Indeed. Now they're just going to have to find a permanent guy who's able to play like him! I wish them luck.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have never heard of the band Kiko is from and haven't found anything I like yet. I'm not holding my breath that I will like anything with this new guy.

Comment

/overthehill

Mustaine should have just started something new. He hasn't done anything I consider significant in like more than a decade, IMO.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I saw this earlier and one of the comments was how he goes through a lot of members. To which I replied It worked great for Whitesnake, do not worry. I thought it was funny as hell. On a serious note, I hope the next album does well.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Hope the lead guitar is actually turned up on the next album! Broderick was too low in the mix for me, especially on Super Collider....not that it was a great album to begin with!

Kiko will have to get a bit of 8 finger technique up and running to play a couple of Broderick's solos but all in all, he'll be able to handle any and all Megadeth solos I've no doubt. The guy does have some serious chops.

Much prefer his old ESP model to his new Ibanez too!
                    Last edited by shramiac; 04-03-2015, 08:22 PM.
                    www.vvforums.com

Comment

It's a strange mash up but Megadeth should be a walk in the park for Kiko, he's that good. Angra are f**king awesome.

Also Chris won't have a single problem playing either although I don't listen to LOG. The only issue will be if they can put up with Dave

Comment

Is it just me, or is Dave starting to look like William H. Macy?

And why would Marty leave his "I'm big in Japan" gig to work with Megadeth? I wouldn't if I were in his shoes. Big fish in a little pond vs another shredder in another past-their-prime American Thrash band? Pfft, call me Moby Dick in the koi pond.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LoG are okay but nothing special - the lack of solos and that terrible nu-metal singing kill it a bit for me. I do think Adler is a great drummer though, and much, MUCH better than Drover. Kiko I've never heard but I read someone saying his style is similarly robotic to Broderick's so I'm not expecting too much.
                          Marty's new album Inferno is excellent though, some great shredding on that.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

LoG have plenty of solos. Just not in every song. Morton's no supershredder, but the guy can hang.

Adler is a beast and Kiko can really tear it up. I'm looking forward to hearing how this turns out.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Im not too into that robotic shred stuff, so pretty annoying how Kiko is like Broderick in this way.. thats what was so cool about Marty...the feel in his solo's are amazing. Dave should have chose someone with more feel to bring that element back into the music, then again it is a lot easier to program a robot to do your bidding ha

Comment

Working...
                              X