X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kadavar is sick too

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      Sword kicks ass. They're obsessed with Game of Thrones, the books not the series. They're insane. Song names are hilarious ("How Heavy This Axe", "The Frost Giant's Daughter". And of course who can forget "Fire Lances of the Hyjsndnsjdndjsomething".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHOD-M...%3DpIHOD-M-p1c

Album is "Gods of the Earth". GREAT PERIL AWAITS US....BEYOND THE BLACK RIVER!
      Their "Tears of Fire" ghost pepper hot sauce is pretty badass too. My buddy went to SXSW last year and brought a few bottles back. I use it to make hyper-addictive spicy beer nuts.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How about Cathedral they had that heavy Sabbath guitar sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvjBUOYjONI
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

How about some old Reverend Bizarre

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'd add Church of Misery and Saviours to the conversation!

Comment

Trouble??

Comment

listening to The Sword now.. really diggin them
                GEAR:
                #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                AMPS:
                1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

sHEAVY? Ozzy like vocals. Very Sabbathy.

Comment

Two of my favorite bands are Sabbath like. Orchid & Sheavey. Both great bands! There have been some great bands listed in this thread. One of my favorite all time bands is Trouble!!

Comment

My buddy is a big Al Cisneros fan from his days in Sleep. We went and saw his new band Om live last year. They have a great groove. They are kind of like Sabbath without guitars...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Maybe not what you are looking for, but the OP descrip sounds spot-on Alice in Chains (Facelift, Sap, Dirt) - Jerry Cantrell is a total riff-master. Great Staley/Cantrell vox, great drummer and both bassists kick arse.

Comment

I think the band Bigelf would fit in this catagory. Several of there songs have Sabbath influenced riffage going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Current bands? Hmm. Well Type O gave more than a nod to Sab, but they are no longer. I saw Kyng open for MegaDave this year, and they have a bit of a Sab influence (but are in no way a copy cat band).

Nice it is like early Soundgarden on steroids.
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                            X