Danny Spitz busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Spitz busted

Candi Spitz, the wife of former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz, says that she will not press charges against her husband for allegedly assaulting her Christmas morning.

The 50-year-old musician was arrested at he couple's home in Lake Worth, Florida when Candi's mother called 911 to report he was trying to choke his wife.

"I'm not planning on pursuing this in court," Candi, 38, tells GossipExtra.com. "This was a big misunderstanding. My mom should've never called 911."

She adds: "[Dan and I] were separated for a week last year, and Christmas Eve was the first anniversary.

"The stress level at home has been astronomical. Our children are both autistic and Dan may have early onset Parkinson's Disease.

"We were all drinking wine, and he just snapped."

According to Candi, the confrontation happened when her husband started packing her bags, and she stood in his way.

"No matter what's in the police report," Candi says, "he never hit me or tried to harm me. He did shove me, and unfortunately I bruised my shoulder.

"But come on: He's 5 feet tall and 100 pounds all wet. And I kick box. He could never harm me if he tried."

Spitz spent the night in jail and was released early Thursday afternoon.

The couple, along with their 7-year-old twins, was spotted at Zoo Miami this afternoon, according to GossipExtra.com.

Dan Spitz is a born-again Christian and Messianic Jew and in interviews has frequently cited his faith as an influential component to his life.

Spitz took part in the reunion of ANTHRAX's classic lineup in 2005 and 2006 but left the band after ANTHRAX's most recent split with singer Joey Belladonna.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dan...BpT3c3IVCer.99

1. At fifty, it wouldn't be early onset. Its just the beginning stages.
    2. When its a husband/wife, always read between the lines. - my lawyer said to document and overblow every situation.
    3. Its funny that the woman says he's tiny and she's tough, no damage can happen. That's the reason why women are rarely charged with abuse, tiny little thing couldn't harm a big strong man.

Comment

The Parkinson's thing sucks, particularly given what he gave up Anthrax to pursue.

Comment

sorry to hear of his personal issues, but Spitz is a horrible player, one note solos his specialty.
        no talent goes a long way playing noise - and that's what Anthrax was until they got Bush to join and actually carry a melody.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I heard he quit Anthrax because he was some sort of millionaire Swiss watch maker or some shit?? Who knows now days but either way I feel bad for him if he is sick. That just sucks. I loved Anthrax.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            sorry to hear of his personal issues, but Spitz is a horrible player, one note solos his specialty.
            no talent goes a long way playing noise - and that's what Anthrax was until they got Bush to join and actually carry a melody.
            you really believe that his solos are crap and that anthrax with joey belladona doing vocals were just "noise"?I understand that this is your taste and I don't always interfere in this kind of issues (when it comes to people telling their opinion) but if anthrax are noise.......then what about slayer and a lot other bands.
            I find their songs very beautiful

Comment

I didnt realize there were millionaire swiss watch makers.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I didnt realize there were millionaire swiss watch makers.
                I guess you've never heard of Hans Wilsdorf or Alfred Davis either then? If not how about a small company called Rolex?
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post

Much prefer the Spitz/Belladonna era Anthrax myself....MUCH!!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                    I heard he quit Anthrax because he was some sort of millionaire Swiss watch maker or some shit?? Who knows now days but either way I feel bad for him if he is sick. That just sucks. I loved Anthrax.
                    His grandfather was a watchmaker, and then he went to school to be one, too. I'm surprised he can do that, seeing as he always looks cross-eyed!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that's why he's cross- eyed! looking at small parts really close! lol
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I can't believe people are still talking about Anthrax. Fistfull was good, Spreading was excellent... everything after was trendy bullshit made for school kids.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I liked the old stuff, then got sick of Belladonna. Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 with John Bush were cool, then I just stopped listening to them. Their Worship Music CD that came out in 2011 was actually very damn good, and Joey sounds incredible again. Saw them in late 2011 with Testament and Death Angel, and my fiance who was never really an Anthrax fan, could not believe how good the band and Joey sounded live.

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                            that's why he's cross- eyed! looking at small parts really close! lol
                            But he was like that before doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              I liked the old stuff, then got sick of Belladonna. Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 with John Bush were cool, then I just stopped listening to them. Their Worship Music CD that came out in 2011 was actually very damn good, and Joey sounds incredible again. Saw them in late 2011 with Testament and Death Angel, and my fiance who was never really an Anthrax fan, could not believe how good the band and Joey sounded live.
                              +1...Worship kicks ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X