Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren and Robbin - who is Left and who is Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
    Hey buddy boy and cupcake, its me, your little marshmallow peep!

Comment

Whats the point? Why argue about it this isn't the My Les Paul forum.
      Oh God I hope this place doesn't start getting like that shit hole of a forum.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Whats the point? Why argue about it this isn't the My Les Paul forum.
        Oh God I hope this place doesn't start getting like that shit hole of a forum.
        +1 And I hope Jackson's don't start sounding, playing and costing like the new Gibson's do.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          +1 And I hope Jackson's don't start sounding, playing and costing like the new Gibson's do.
          Seriously? Again?
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

How about we go back to Warren and Robbin instead of arguing analog tape vs CD?
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              Seriously? Again?
              Sorry bro but Straycat said the magic word.
              Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-21-2013, 11:06 AM.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I called that shit from jump street!! I knew you were an engineer because you write like my buddy Chris Lorre talks and he's one of the best engineers in Pittsburgh.
                Thanks for the compliment, i'm no Professor Cupcake but i still know a thing or two about audio.

Originally posted by javert View Post
                I keep telling myself to stay out of these discussion, but I can't help myself Anyways, Devotee is correct. You can, in principle, get as accurate a description of a continuous signal as you'd like (or are willing to pay for) with a digital representation. It is mathematical fact. The practical limitations are basically due to the analog hardware involved in A/D or D/A conversion. However, you can of course do bad digital hardware just as you can do bad analog hardware, so one piece of digital hardware may sound poorly compared to your favorite analog unit (just think Behringer). Anyways, the basic question in relation to sampling and quantization is at how high a frequency you need to sample and how many bits you need to use per sample. That's it. On that matter, I would like to point the curious this paper http://drewdaniels.com/audible.pdf. In the paper, they basically demonstrate that the higher sampling frequencies and word lengths of super audio CD and DVD audio are a waste of ressources compared to regular CDs. People cannot hear the difference in blind tests. The reason that people hear differences in SACDs and regular CDs is that the material has been altered, for example remastered. Also, as I've pointed out in other threads on similar matters, there are auditive equivalents of the placebo effect, so you can get fooled into thinking your hear differences where there are none.

/Mads (full professor in audio processing)
                Eloquently put but you said the dreaded word - Behringer! Thanks for the link to that paper, i've been looking for it!
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                  How about we go back to Warren and Robbin instead of arguing analog tape vs CD?
                  So what do you guys think of 8 track tapes?

Comment

So what do you guys think of 8 track tapes?

No f'n fast forward or rewind!

Comment

Maybe not but you can't kill those things!
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                        Maybe not but you can't kill those things!
                        I was joking when I asked that question but you make a valid point. Eight tracks are damn near indestructible.

Comment

Working...
                        X