No announcement yet.

Jake E Lee sig ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at least it is more accurate than that ESP monstrosity.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
      I like the guitar, but........Why the thin bent base Fender hardtail and the overly spacious pickguard cut-out for the bridge?

like one of these?
      Attached Files
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

why..the overly spacious pickguard cut-out for the bridge?
        Semi-off-topic here, but I've always thought the same about the Adrian Smith model - why is there such a huge gap around the bridge?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
          like one of these?
          Yes! Charvel should do a recall on any of the Jake models sold. That "vintage" hardtail belongs on a vintage guitar not on a Jake tribute. With Fender's buying power, this could not have been more than an extra $75.00. I have seen a company on Ebay do these for $100.00. Hell I actually bought a couple of these from Wayne Charvel a while ago.

~K~ send an email to Charvel with a quote for 100 - Let's get this boat turned around and back on the correct course.

Comment

Yes! Charvel should do a recall on any of the Jake models sold. That "vintage" hardtail belongs on a vintage guitar not on a Jake tribute. With Fender's buying power, this could not have been more than an extra $75.00. I have seen a company on Ebay do these for $100.00. Hell I actually bought a couple of these from Wayne Charvel a while ago.

~K~ send an email to Charvel with a quote for 100 - Let's get this boat turned around and back on the correct course.
            It's interesting because Charvel has them; Jake's three guitars that he has now all have that thick plate, as do the 10 "Not really a Jake" guitars from 2007.

Sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Watched a Bark at the Moon concert vid with Jake (from 1980 something) and his white guitar had a 4-bolt plate and a trem cavity with springs. What was that? A standard strat?
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                Watched a Bark at the Moon concert vid with Jake (from 1980 something) and his white guitar had a 4-bolt plate and a trem cavity with springs. What was that? A standard strat?
                Yep, the original Whitey was actually a sunburst 70-something Strat with the larger headstock. Jake's roommate worked at Charvel and painted it (and cut down the headstock) for his birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  You didn't see the same guitar. His Charvelized Strat was a true hard tail and retained it's 3-bolt neck even after being modified. I recall him playing a light blue Charvel as a backup that appeared to be white in many live photos but I don't recall much else about it...that could be what you saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                    You didn't see the same guitar. His Charvelized Strat was a true hard tail and retained it's 3-bolt neck even after being modified. I recall him playing a light blue Charvel as a backup that appeared to be white in many live photos but I don't recall much else about it...that could be what you saw.
                    Yep, it was a sonic blue Charvel Holdsworth. Jake picked it up because he needed a backup guitar.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      Oh, well I'm an idiot. There ya go.

Comment

Jake is every bit a super shredder by any standard!

No "modern" guitarist has impressed me. Well, the term "modern" is debatable.

Shredding is a lost art.
                        [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                        X