Jake E Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
    Wasn't the tone Joe (though that was not good either) but the playing....yikes!!
    Yeah, his playing wasn't the best, but I do think the tone really made it a lot worse.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

His tone was kinda like modern EVH tone. Fittingly enough he was playing through a Fender EVH III .

Comment

Sounded in tune until the first bend on the neck, then....
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

jake is one of my all time favorite players.

That shit was beyond AWFUL.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

He didn't really seem like he was "all there." Really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
              His tone was kinda like modern EVH tone. Fittingly enough he was playing through a Fender EVH III .
              No way EVH has ever sounded like that. I watched the video after reading the comments on the forum, wish I hadn't. Loved Jake's playing with Ozzy and was disappointed when he completely dropped out of the music scene. Revolutionary guitarist IMO.

I don't think that was the tone of the 5150III either. I have one and it does not sound like that at all. Watching the video, I think he had the amp on the green channel and was using a pedal for the distortion and tone. Way too much of everything, compressed mess... I wonder how it sounded in the studio. Playing was not at his best but the tone made everything sound sh*t.

Comment

Jake was the guest guitarist for this saturdays show too (taped @ the same time as the previous episode obviously) ....better but not by much!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                  Jake was the guest guitarist for this saturdays show too (taped @ the same time as the previous episode obviously) ....better but not by much!!
                  Agreed.

Comment

IMO i think he needs to dump the p90 in the bridge and go back to a humbucker,
                    Don't like all what it's done for his tone

Comment

I thought his tone last Saturday night was slightly better. His playing was still disappointing.

Comment

Man, that tone bites.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I've liked everything Jake has played, but he was just off. Almost seemed if he was nervous, which would be extremely odd I think. Maybe he was just too buzzed. I hope the new CD sounds better. Picked up the 2nd & 3rd Badlands off Ebay years back. Dusk is a little rough, but both are worth the money for a JEL fan. Voodoo Highway flat out smokes!

Comment

was scratching my head on his playing but its was just nice to see him again

Comment

Working...
                            X