No announcement yet.

Van halen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't buy that. They are professionals with a 30+yr career, they've got professional tour managers and you are telling me that now, in the middle of a tour, they are cancelling dates because they don't want to burn out? That's ridiculous.

Comment

Any word on when theyre going to start up again? I was planning to go when they came to Ok, never seen van halen before so i was pretty let down when they postponed
      Last edited by TKEblue; 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
        Any word on when theyre going to start up again?
        In Spaceballs 2: The search for more money
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

A lot of those dates were in or near markets they had already played, and sales were not going to be as brisk as they had hoped they would be. These guys are all pushing 60, don't forget, and Ed has had both sobriety problems longterm, and more cancer removed within the last year.

In addition, I think they under-promoted this comeback album and tour, assuming that word of mouth would spread like wildfire. I am constantly talking to people who are fans of classic VH who were unaware that a new album with Dave was out. I think they plan to rest, formulate a better promotional plan, and do a relaunch after a better PR campaign. Interscope dropped the ball IMO and it is costing them record sales and ticket sales. ADKOT should have gone gold by now but it hasn't hit 400K yet.

A tour of Japan and then a resurgent US tour with better promotion may be the plan to rejuvenate them. Even though they haven't played a grueling schedule by any means, touring does mean being away from home and normalcy, which in Ed's case may include AA/NA meetings that he needs to attend. May be easier to attend those in L.A. where Nick Nolte and Gary Busey are also in the room and Ed's not the only celeb.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

BAH. Wash the stage down and put oh, I don't know Chickenfoot on it. The last album sounded just like the old Van Halen, which I heard back then. Maybe they should have invested their money better and then they wouldn't have to go on a tour that they can't handle. Or maybe it's just a simple case of Eddie needs to mow his own yard. Either way, I'd lost faith in them years ago.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yep, especially sober - Ed is one weird dude. Chickenfoot would be good with me!

Comment

Chickenfoot is terrible imo. I like all the members, but together, they just make meh music.
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                X