Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

How much for a ticket was it?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I would be surprised of this was because they are "fighting" as some suggest. I hope its not cancer in Edward:think:
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Van Halen's previously-reported postponement of thirty-one concert dates is reportedly due to the band being burned out. TMZ reports that sources close to the band say they felt like their schedule was "too much, too fast" and was causing them to lose focus. One source said "They're simply burned out" and added, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special." The band is planning to take time to recharge and then continue ahead. Reports that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding is described as "total B.S."

I think it's probably a combination of being burned out and not wanting members with well documented substance problems falling back into bad habits just for the sake of continuing a tour that'll be just as popular in three months from now as it would have been now. I'd much rather see them postpone shows now for the sake of a healthy van halen then push on and have some of the shitty performances that happen the last go around where EVH's guitar wasn't in tune and whatever else people were bitching about. I do think they should have planned their tour with breaks in them instead of now having to cancel shows.

In any event as long as they stay healthy and they put on the shows people really want to see, that's all that matters. I'm sure a lot of people are going "Ah hah! Now for the train wreck!" but I don't think that's what this is going to be. I for some strange reason actually believe this time they just got overwhelmed and were smart enough not to push it to the point where it became a joke.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I like those reasons !!

+1

Comment

Burned out when u only have to work for two hours a day?not much hope fer the rest of us then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marshall76 View Post
              Burned out when u only have to work for two hours a day?
              +1. Burned out?!? They had plenty of time to rest since they put out their last album in 1998!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Burned out from fighting more like it!!!!
                Fuck Van Hasbin......
                You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Well, I wish them well. I love Van Halen! Just not...anything much they have done the last 20 years or so.

Comment

Wolfie needs to kick those old fucks out of the band
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Burned out when u only have to work for two hours a day?not much hope fer the rest of us then!!!
                      Ok, being as I am not a van halen fan I was trying to politely say that EVH is an addict and they are probably trying to avoid him falling off the wagon. It doesn't matter how big the DLR fan boy club is, people go to see EVH and you know the other three in the band are aware of it. If EVH start's playing like shit then this cash cow gets turned into hamburger and the whole tour not just some dates take a dive. I have to believe that there has to be some sort of mature voice going "If he get's fucked up, we lose money and this whole resurgence becomes a joke."

I'm sure DLR and AVH have their skeletons as well but EVH's the the most documented which is why I think it's his issues coming up more then in fighting.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

A band at VH's level works a lot more than two hours a day while on tour. Rehearsal, promo and business stuff take pretty much a full work day or more. Add in the effects of travel (even luxurious travel) on guys pushing 60, and it's not hard to understand why they'd need a break. If they get tired, that's when the dangers of alcohol and bickering start to become a factor. It's good to see them think about the long-term.

I hope they make up the dates, since I was hoping to see them in Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                          Burned out from fighting more like it!!!!
                          Fuck Van Hasbin......
                          Agree..100%
                          Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                          LTD EC401VF
                          Gibby Les Paul
                          Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                          Fender Parts Caster
                          Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                          2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                          TU2 Tuner
                          Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                          Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                          Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                          Fulltone Mosfet 2
                          Fulltone OCD OD
                          Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

I saw them in Oakland on Sunday, and it was a pretty solid show. Ed played great, and the band was tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Pro Am View Post
                              I saw them in Oakland on Sunday, and it was a pretty solid show. Ed played great, and the band was tight.
                              They were pretty fukin good in Toronto a few months back as well. Peeps like to bash em and whaeves thats cool. Of course they aren't what they were how could they be? But Ed is sober and still kickin and can still shred some and I give em props for that....I have no problem with what they are doing personally. Not to mention, the new stuff is pretty fukin cool. Daves getting a little weird for me but overall I had no regrets about going to see em....

Comment

Working...
                              X