Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Young sucked?

Sir, I disagree.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
      Jeff Young sucked?

Sir, I disagree.
      Perhaps that was a bit harsh, but Poland and Friedman are 2 big influences and bad luck for Jeff being sandwiched between these titans!!!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

At this point of listening, I'm a big fan... Great songs, love Dave's schizo lyrics and the music is a fine soundtrack to describe the dark overtones of his vision of the future, albeit a dark and sinister vision(great all around).......
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I've only heard Public Enemy #1, and I think it was complete trash. Given the suggestions here though, I may just check the album out. Though it may take some time, at least until I get over said trash.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

This CD is great from start to finish!!!
            "...I've eaten the sun so my tounge has burned of the taste..."
            sigpic

Comment

I absolutely LOVE the first 30 seconds of this album - it reminds me alot of KIMB. Then it goes downhill from there. Not horrible, but nothing special. Not something I'd put into my regular rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                I absolutely LOVE the first 30 seconds of this album - it reminds me alot of KIMB. Then it goes downhill from there. Not horrible, but nothing special. Not something I'd put into my regular rotation.
                Sadly, this sounds like every Megadeth album since about 1998.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Honestly..I must give credit to Shawn Drover..what an amazing perforance and signiture sound he has. I'd pick him to be my drummer in a heartbeat. Dave sure knows how to pick them. Never doubt for a second that he doesn't.
                I must respectfully disagree, Horns. Yawn Drover is the worst drummer that has ever played for Megadeth. He plays every song about 40 bpm slower than it should be; moreover, he plays behind the beat just enough to make every song sound and feel as if it's dragging. This is really pronounced live, of course, but not as much on studio recordings. When compared to a beast like Nick Menza or Gar Samuelson, Drover really can't hold a candle.

I'm glad that at least you like Drover, because as you can tell, I am most definitely not a fan!

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                but Broderick's shitty solos really, really piss me off (being a major Marty fan). The one in How The Story Ends being a prime example. You can sweep pick, alright, nice one, now learn how to use one fuckin note instead of forty.
                Broderick is one of the best guitar players out there, and at the same time, he's one of the shittiest musicians out there. For example, Friedman could make an entire solo sing from just one note. It's a difference in approaches to music. From what I understand, Friedman spent his time perfecting his chops by jamming with people. Broderick obviously spent his time in his room with a metronome in order to perfect his chops. The differences are cosmic.
                Last edited by 1stSFG-A; 12-06-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  Broderick (almost as technicly proficient as Marty, maybe even more - however, much less original(so much seems to be regurgitated)...
                  Broderick can't write for shit, but in terms of technical proficiency he blows Marty (and just about every player in the world) out of the water. Seriously, the dude is an absolute monster. His technique is near flawless. I'd say he's one of the best players in the world today.

Comment

Working...
                  X