No announcement yet.

Lou-Tallica...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried to like anything after MOP, but it's all shit after that album. IMHO, this is better than anything since then. That being said, I also like St Anger.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
      I've tried to like anything after MOP, but it's all shit after that album. IMHO, this is better than anything since then. That being said, I also like St Anger.
      I loved ....and Justice for all anything after that killed me. Honestly they stopped being Metallica
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think they should make not one but two records with Mr. Reed: Lou'd and ReLou'd

Comment

Well, at least now our longstanding theory is confirmed. James Hetfield really is a table.
          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by axewielder View Post
            i think they should make not one but two records with mr. Reed: Lou'd and relou'd :d
            brilliant!

Comment

Comment

I don't know if it included digital download figures, but I heard that LuLu sold 13,000 in its first week and Thirt3en sold 42,000.

I bought the Megadeth, not the Metallica. I stand by my choice.

Comment

I am a long time Metallica fan. Like most, I loved the old school stuff (Kill 'Em All through ...And Justice For All.)
                  I seem to be one of the rare people that truly love the black album. I love every track on it.
                  There are a select few songs from Load and Reload that I like. (Matter of fact, "Fuel" is one of my all-time favorites.)
                  St. Anger was pure garbage. To me, there was not one decent tune on that abomination.
                  There were a few decent riffs on Death Magnetic, but no standout great songs.
                  I haven't really given LuLu a fair shot yet, but what I have heard isn't good. Seems like some decent riffs and the overall music vibe is tight.
                  But Lou Reed sounds terrible. His voice doesn't fit in...it sounds like a very bad dub job.
                  I hope for my ears' sake, that they release an instrumental version of LuLu.

That being said, I own every Metallica album, including many rare editions...but I don't know if I am going to buy LuLu unless there is a way to get it without Reed.
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                    I seem to be one of the rare people that truly love the black album. I love every track on it.
                    Yeah 1 of the 20 Million world wide!!!

Metallica is one of the best albums of all time... in any genre of music.

You can load up all the albums from Kill to Magnetic hit shuffle and not be annoyed... very few bands have this ability.
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post

You can load up all the albums from Kill to Magnetic hit shuffle and not be annoyed... very few bands have this ability.
                      I have purchased every Metallica album (until this Lulu), but if anything from St. Anger came on it would annoy me.

Comment

I can say this about many, many bands in my collection. Not the "from Kill to Magnetic" part, but you know what I mean And I don't own any Metallica.

Sounds like you need to find some better quality bands to listen to....
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          I can say this about many, many bands in my collection. Not the "from Kill to Magnetic" part, but you know what I mean And I don't own any Metallica.
                          Nice examples you left... you don't own any Metallica? Must be tough being so cool...

uh fug you too... wtf
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Such as? I have been looking for other quality bands to listen to, but there's more "quantity" out there than "quality".
                            Most of the "singers" in metal bands anymore lack any ability to sing. Belching is not singing. It's not screaming either, that is the wrong term to use.
                            If you have suggestions for "quality" metal, please bring 'em forward. I do not want "screamo" or anything else with "Cookie Monster vocals" though...there is no quality in there for me....
                            I'd rather find good instrumental metal than those grumble-burp lyrics.

I get bashed a lot for loving the black album, but it's just plain good. It might not be as heavy as previous albums, but it's just a great album.
                            Every song on St. Anger annoys me. Death Magnetic is better, but I cannot say at this point that I truly "like" any of the tunes from that album either....
                            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Nice examples you left... you don't own any Metallica? Must be tough being so cool...
                              it is.

But it's not about trying to be cool. It's about listening to bands I enjoy, not bands that other people think I should enjoy. Or listening to bands that I think are going to get me street cred.

uh fug you too... wtf
                              feeeeel the love.

I think it's a little sad that Metallica is one of the very bands that you know of that you could put on their entire catalogue and enjoy anything from it.

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                              Such as? I have been looking for other quality bands to listen to, but there's more "quantity" out there than "quality".
                              Most of the "singers" in metal bands anymore lack any ability to sing. Belching is not singing. It's not screaming either, that is the wrong term to use.
                              If you have suggestions for "quality" metal, please bring 'em forward. I do not want "screamo" or anything else with "Cookie Monster vocals" though...there is no quality in there for me....
                              I'd rather find good instrumental metal than those grumble-burp lyrics.
                              Not sure just what you're chasing, but I can certainly recommend some good bands with good (clean) singers.

Off the top of my head, check out:
                              Nevermore
                              Evergrey
                              Symphony X
                              Jorn*
                              Masterplan*
                              Ark*
                              Allen/Lande *
                              * all have Jorn Lande on vox
                              Eyefear
                              Demons & Wizards
                              Tarot
                              Nightwish
                              Pink Cream 69
                              Cellador
                              Opeth's Deliverance album (I love all their stuff, but this one is strictly clean vox)
                              Jag Panzer
                              Last Tribe
                              Kamelot
                              Iced Earth
                              Alabama Thunderpussy
                              Spiritual Beggars
                              Firewind
                              Conception
                              Daysend
                              Angra
                              Lacuna Coil
                              Within Temptation
                              Communic
                              Rage
                              Brainstorm
                              Beautiful Sin
                              At Vance

I'm sure I could come up with more after a dig through the cd cabinet...
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

You guys took Gary wrong. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to metal. Please, with all my respect..please take what he says to heart. He put in alot of time and money to find the finest "quality" in ALLLLL that "quantity".

It's up the metalheads to find their metal, support it and keep it alive. Explore, and you will find. I agree there is too much crap to sift through. But there is many many diamonds in the rough..

Start with his list ..that is just a peek of what is out there, and has been there.

Bill Z
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X