X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou-Tallica...

I didn't have high hopes of this, but this is appalling:

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php

Haven't listened to it yet. The idea itself is cool + Cliff was a Velvet Underground/Reed fan but even more open minded folks have criticized the execution. Alternative music fans probably dig it more than heavy rock listeners. That being said, Metallica is still the most non-conformist and most risk taking thrash metal band.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

When I heard about it, I figured it'd be about as good as that tune they did way back w/ Marianne Faithfull howling like goat getting slaughtered. Haven't heard it yet and probably won't, but my wife said she heard one of the songs on the radio and the DJ actually apologized and said they wouldn't play it again. No joke. And this is a typical corporate station that'll play every shitty pop/rock tune Metallica puts out.

Comment

I'm open-minded about music - my tastes span the gamut, but this material is dreck.

Comment

I love Metallica but this is a huge fuck up... Lou Reed sounds like he died 10 years ago.

I can't figure out why the fuck this was made.

:think:
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with them experimenting, the only way something new and exciting is going to happen is from people taking changes. Having said that this is a giant pile of shit. But that's just my opinion and I hope that if there is an audience for this album that the two meet. But to be honest if anyone in metallica thinks this is going to go over well with any of their fans they are sorely mistaken. I can't see even the load/reload generation grabbing hold of this. I think honestly that's why they put out the preview of the album so that people wouldn't buy it expecting it to be a metallica album. They'll get a lot less bitching and whining if people who aren't going to like it simply don't waste their money on it, and those who dig it do buy it. And since it's been made available for me to make up my mind before spending money I won't personally bury this effort as I did with st. anger. In this case I'd hope everyone who has a chance to hear it does and makes their decision based on that.
            Last edited by eakinj; 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like the music, but I hate the song. Does that make sense? That Lou guy is horrendous. They would have been better with Mr. Shatner, he DOES spoken word. The music is a little monotonous, but I could have dealt with that had it not been for the "vocals". Like Ej said though, its NOT a Metallica album. Its a cooperative project.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Shatner would have been pretty cool actually.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

What little of it that I could manage was fuckin' horrible. I'm assuming that it doesn't get any better towards the end. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I once wore a Metallica T-shirt proudly...

Comment

I could see releasing one song, but a whole album?

If they did it with David Hasselhoff they could go platinum in Germany at the very least.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I saw Lars on TMS and he explained how this happened. They did a quick set with Lou at the R&R HOF concert, and on the way out, Lou asked when they were going to do an album. Lars basically blew him off, and told him to call after their 18 month world tour. Sure as shit, Lou called, and they backed him up on the album, lol.

Comment

If I were deaf, that would be awesome...
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well they probably went into the studio with high hopes and when it started going terribly wrong... obviously, they had enough respect for Lou Reed that they stuck it out like professionals.

If they would have walked out we would be talking about how big of assholes Metallica are for ditching dude mid-suck recording session.

I mean come on guys... this is the same band that released the best cover album of all time... you know they were rolling eyes and shit talking behind dudes back all day when this horrid POS was recorded.

@ Snoogans I'm sure James is heartbroken you don't wear their shirts anymore.
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

I actually like some parts of it more than I'd like to admit. On the whole it's not good especially lyrically/vocally but the atmospheric sounds like for example, the e-bow/whammy pedal stuff that was going on in Pumping Blood is very cool.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X