Signature line profits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
    GuerrillaPete- Punisher of Pastrami Peddler of CS PC. Has a nice ring don't ya think?
    You know me, I'll do whatever it takes to get a CS run going. Even joining a gym.

Getting back to signature models - some companies are super-cheap. An endorsed signature artist may sometimes just get gear and a royalty out of it. And the gear maybe be limited to a certain amount each year.

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
      In fact, when I think Ibanez, I think Steve Vai before I think about their guitars.
      I am not into Steve perhaps, but play a lot of Ibanez guitars. Would never buy a signature model thought, regardless whose it is.

Comment

The expensive models are only manufactured for advertisement. Think of it like the Mercedes Iboc or the Ford GT40 or GT500. Obviously, they don't sell many of these cars. These are the cars that lure the public to the showroom. Once they are there.. they sell them a car they can afford.
        Same thing with guitars. Fender isn't selling tons of $5000+ Sig model Claptons but they are selling tons of $1400.00 Claptons.
        Regarding the artist and what they get paid. It depends on the level of the deal but for the most part.. if you are a major player like Clapton, Vai, Beck, Johnson etc.... and you are in business with a major brand like Fender, Gibson etc... you are making money and lots of it.
        Those royalty checks must be SWEET. Plus, you get all the free gear you could ever want or need.

Comment

I still think that Jackson guitars are reasonably priced for what they are. Quality guitars.

The RR1's are still big sellers in the Jackson line of guitars, these are great guitars and reasonably priced.
          Anybody that has one knows how enjoyable and proven these guitars are.
          I have a buddiy who has two (one with a floyd and one without) I can tell you there are incredible guitars.
          He's not really that big of a RR fan it was the action, playability and sound of the guitar that sold him on them.

Jackson just makes good guitars reasonably priced.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
            I am not into Steve perhaps, but play a lot of Ibanez guitars. Would never buy a signature model thought, regardless whose it is.

Why not?

Comment

Working...
            X