No announcement yet.

Dream Theater's new album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH BTW That Pagan's Mind was and always will be stock JMP-1! Just like his bud Tore Moren ..especially with Jorn. That's exactly what mine sounds like. It is soooooooo instantly recognizable...and what a guitar should sound like to me.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn, I thought this album was phenomenal. I really liked the fact that it's got a strong emphasis on the prog aspect. I'll always love Mike Portnoy's drumming, but I definitely think him leaving let the band experiment a bit more creatively. Imo, it's their best record since Scenes from a Memory.

Comment

Piece of shit album. Jordan has no taste at all anymore, his cheesy euro-metal synth sounds probably bothered me the most. Moore or Sherinian have never sounded that corny.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          Piece of shit album. Jordan has no taste at all anymore, his cheesy euro-metal synth sounds probably bothered me the most. Moore or Sherinian have never sounded that corny.
          Haven't heard the latest album, but I certainly can't disagree with that. Jordan has seemed more concerned with sounding and playing like a guitarist than a keyboardist over the past few albums.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
            Haven't heard the latest album, but I certainly can't disagree with that. Jordan has seemed more concerned with sounding and playing like a guitarist than a keyboardist over the past few albums.

- E.

When I saw them with Maiden last year, he came from the shadows to come out and rock a key-tar. I like DT but I actually face-palmed over that shit. It was so 80's that the only thing missing was David Lee Roth coming out and doing high-kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              When I saw them with Maiden last year, he came from the shadows to come out and rock a key-tar. I like DT but I actually face-palmed over that shit. It was so 80's that the only thing missing was David Lee Roth coming out and doing high-kicks.
              Ah yes... but that's not just any keytar... it's called a "Zen Riffer".

Face palm is right.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
              X