New Anthrax album is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    Nothing bold about personal opinion, besides this century is only ten years old.

The tune just works, its got hooks, rhythmic variations and groove. The energy and the dynamics are all there... I don't hear this much today when everything is recoded bar by bar. This tune sounds alive.
    It does very alive, yet organic. Not the same cut and paste, compressed , trigger happy BS pooped out o' plenty!

Duh, this century is 10 years old. I was thinking 100 years. Because they're was some killer metal bands back then. I have alot of 100+ year old demos, patches and bumper stickers. I listen to them on my wind up gramophone. I shove my pud in the brass horn and cock out with my rock out to ..Black Model T...The Screamin' Bobby Whistles...Goats in Petticoats, ..and the lost recordings of Robert Johnson and the Satanic Orchestra. Oh..my fave "shred" instrumentals is Erich Zann's solo records!

Yeah!!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was jamming to this today. This album really delivers! I've only given it one listen, but every damn song is pretty strong and melodic. No filler here!

Comment

I do like Endgame tho...as far as recent 'Deth albums.

I've been really diggin' recent Overkill (iron bound/immortalis) lately. Fuggin' LOVE their sound, writing production and mostly DD Verni's BASS sound! Overkill rules..and sound better than ever without missing a fuggin' beat ! No "Risk" for Overkill!!

Of course, I can go NUTs with all the new metal shit ...as ya'll know....

BITCHES!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

new metal shit... mmm... I hear new Gojira album is coming out soon bitches!
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Vultan View Post
            Thanks, man. I do love me some Orange Goblin - that's a nice gig to have! Aren't they due a new album out soon? 'Healing...' was ages back.
            Recording this autumn.
            I was in Ravens Creed with Ben Ward and Ive been mates with the band for... years now.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Cool! I'll keep an ear out for the new OG stuff. Must more of an effort to catch them live one of these days, it's just the kind of stuff I like to listen to with a pint of tepid piss in my hand.

To get back on topic, the new Anthrax gets a thumbs up from me. I think they've done a great job mixing old and 'nu' and that balls out sound is great. Best 'Big 4' disc for a while.
              http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Really digging this CD. Of the "Big 4" Anthrax was the last group I expected to deliver a CD I could listen to all the way through and enjoy it. Megadeth & Metallica should be taking notes!

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Vultan View Post
                  Best 'Big 4' disc for a while.
                  Agreed. 'Worship Music' has that 'Persistence of Time' vibe too it. It's a good 'return' for Anthrax.

All you pint drinkers: check out the Anthrax shop for a "Moshtoberfest" special T-shirt and pint glass.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                    All you pint drinkers: check out the Anthrax shop for a "Moshtoberfest" special T-shirt and pint glass.
                    I like that very much. I'll see if I spot any while I'm stomping on tables in Munich next week!
                    http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      There's plenty of melodic themes on the album, I prefer the kind what's for example on the tune "In the End", very epic.

But my favourite tune is "Earth on Hell" which is absolutely one of the very best metal tunes made in this century, 100% in your face annihilation.
                      +1 My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Wow E...that's a bold statement.

But, IMO..this is the BEST anthrax material ever put to tape..regaurdless of any, "back in the day" sentimental nostalgia!
                      Also +1 Bill....well said.

I LOVE this CD, I'll probably end up blowing out the Bose system in the Vette on this one....lol
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I've tried to claim Moshtoberfest as a national religious holiday with my boss and he gave me his best "Nigga please" face.
                        It was worth a try.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I'm digging the new album, some of the tunes are killer.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Of the Big 4, Anthrax have always been my favourite. I love Joey's stuff, and I loved Bush's stuff.

I'm bored with the new album already, those melodic parts ruin it, and there's not enough of the classic thrash riffage. I like Rob's solos though.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I will pick up the new CD some time this week. Just picked up my tickets today for Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel on Nov. 12th!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Just picked up my tickets today for Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel on Nov. 12th!
                                Is that the "Tiny Three" a spin off of the Big 4? Actually it would be Exodus, Testament & Death Angel.

Comment

Working...
                                X