• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Anthrax album is...

...pretty fucking cool!

Belladonna kicks ass.
    Awesome old school thrash riffing.
    Cool solos.
    Massive and not over compressed lifeless sound.
    Bass has a lot of balls.
    Drums sound bigger than on 99% modern metal albums.

A lot better than all the recent Megadeth albums.

What I don't like so much are some of the more modern sounding melodic passages like in this tune which other than that kicks ass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzDmgn-G2FM
    The other tune that's out on youtube has the same problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT76uz21TNg
    Last edited by Endrik; 09-13-2011, 08:11 AM.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Here's the teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAm0I3jBBz8
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wow!! Does sound good! Well produced and mixed.
      You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Sounds mighty fine!
        http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Great, cant wait for this one.

And Matt, I've just been checking your artwork out. Fucking class mate.
          I'm currently doing all Orange Goblin's stuff.
          Last edited by Mazrim; 09-13-2011, 08:41 AM.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Thanks, man. I do love me some Orange Goblin - that's a nice gig to have! Aren't they due a new album out soon? 'Healing...' was ages back.
            http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

From watching that Big 4 DVD, that Rob Caggiano guy can play for sure. I'm with you on the "pop" choruses in the songs. It does a bit of a disservice to the crushing riffs.

Lots of new music coming out this month. I'm looking forward to the new Evile and the new Opeth sounds interesting as well from what I've heard.
              Last edited by Hellbat; 09-13-2011, 10:50 AM.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Caggiano also produced this album

Comment

i dig it. i like the melodic passages. reminds me of some of the stuff they were trying on "state of euphoria". i think i will actually get this one.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

There's plenty of melodic themes on the album, I prefer the kind what's for example on the tune "In the End", very epic.

But my favourite tune is "Earth on Hell" which is absolutely one of the very best metal tunes made in this century, 100% in your face annihilation.

Comment

I'm diggin' it!
                      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Cool! I saw Caught In A Mosh from the Big 4 DVD (played on VH1 Classics), and Joey's voice really sucked on that!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Really digging this album after I picked it up today. Ian/Rob's side band, The Damned Things, definitely bled into the songs on this album. I wonder if they actually changed some arrangements or if this is how the songs were structured when Dan Nelson was in the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            There's plenty of melodic themes on the album, I prefer the kind what's for example on the tune "In the End", very epic.

But my favourite tune is "Earth on Hell" which is absolutely one of the very best metal tunes made in this century, 100% in your face annihilation.
                            Wow E...that's a bold statement.

But, IMO..this is the BEST anthrax material ever put to tape..regaurdless of any, "back in the day" sentimental nostalgia!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nothing bold about personal opinion, besides this century is only ten years old.

The tune just works, its got hooks, rhythmic variations and groove. The energy and the dynamics are all there... I don't hear this much today when everything is recoded bar by bar. This tune sounds alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X