No announcement yet.

Anyone see Phil Collen on TMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, he did the same flast, sloppy shit a NAMM..too! Very Nice!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have to agree with metalmedal II. They have a very short spurt to do something. Billy Sheehan has been one of the best. I thought Doug Aldrich definitely killed also. At least he played great licks but always kept a nice groove.

Comment

I can only watch so much of that show......it gets annoying after a while. Eddie trunk is a loud mouth annoying jerk, and he gets so pissy when he gets beat on stump the trunk. like a kid in a sandbox that got his dump truck taken away.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Phil has been the bumper shredder for the first two episodes of TMS this season. I was left scratching my head after the first episode. The second episode was obviously taped the same day, so his playing was no different. I wouldn't categorize his playing as sloppy as much as I'd say it was meaningless drivel. It had no structure whatsoever. I disagree with the "he only has four 10 second spots to fill" rationale. You can find many average players that can fill 10 seconds with something that could at the very least be considered musical. Phil's fills sounded IMO like a person that picks up a guitar for the first time and tries to mimic a real shredder, only difference being Phil actually hit all the notes. Some guests have been pretty good. Most guests haven't been spectacular, but Phil has the distinction of being the worst. Oh, and that Jackson is still pretty fugly.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Mutt is great. They owe everything to him.
            He was the George Martin of DL

Comment

...But Uli wouldn't play like that....ever!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Phill Collins is on Test Match Special!!!!!

I didn't even know he played cricket!

(At least one person on here will get that)

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                  Phill Collins is on Test Match Special!!!!!

I didn't even know he played cricket!

(At least one person on here will get that)
                  Who is this Phill Collins you're talking about? The old drummer from Genesis?

We're talking about Phil Collen... the guitar player.
                  -Rick

Comment

Yeah but have they ever been seen together in the same place at the same time? I think not!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

he sounds a lot better when he plays for the tune, as far as trying to piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs,
                      that's just not his thing. Spewing notes gets so headachey for me.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Yeah but have they ever been seen together in the same place at the same time? I think not!
                        Lets hear your answer to that Mr Johnstone

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          excellent point. I dont believe anyone has any photographic evidence of the two phils together at the same time. that photo is as elusive as the one of jacki onassis giving the loch ness monster a handjob while combing bigfoot's hair.

Comment

He reminded me of a Saturday afternoon in Guitar Center...hack quality "shredding" at best. What a f'king embarassment...that was some of the worst playing that I've ever heard from a pro. I dig some of his guitar work with Def Lep but this was beyond awful.

Comment

Phil was definitely not playing up to his potential on those TMS spots but to be honest I think he is probably comfortable with his abilities and obviously it will have zero effect on people showing up to see Lep every summer as they continue to do. Kinda cool that he didnt seem to care how "perfect" he sounded.

He was playing through a splatter-painted Fender Cyber Twin.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                                Phil was definitely not playing up to his potential on those TMS spots but to be honest I think he is probably comfortable with his abilities and obviously it will have zero effect on people showing up to see Lep every summer as they continue to do. Kinda cool that he didnt seem to care how "perfect" he sounded.

He was playing through a splatter-painted Fender Cyber Twin.

Alex
                                yea, I saw that galactic clown puke colored amp he had. wonder if they get $7000 for those amps too??

the guitar playing was just wankery, just as someone said it was saturday afternoon guitar center quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X