Gus G playing different Randy and Jake riffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    I dunno, I guess I'm dumb because I've always liked Randy's guitar sound. That said, I'm way more attracted to guitars than amps.

After watching the clip, I'm confident in saying that I have zero desire to hear another note of his. Like Zakk, I'm sure he's a great guitar player, but I don't like hearing the Randy material raped.

Sully
    naaah, how could you not like randy's sound, especially when you think of the time it came out? it was like a buzzsaw. c'mon.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      naaah, how could you not like randy's sound, especially when you think of the time it came out?
      True dat, Tommy! In 1981 I was transitioning away from VH; Blizzard of Ozz & Diary were my first actual tastes of "heavy metal" - I played the hell out of my cassette tapes! Hell, I remember going to a party around that time frame; they had the vinyl ALBUMS all spread out on a table, ya know, the full size covers, I was TRIPPIN' OUT on the cover art: Iron Maiden's Killers, Ozzy DOAM, and Sabbath Mob Rules...good times!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        I liked Randy's live tone a lot. It's good on the new release as well.

As far as passing judgement on Gus' tone, I just think it sounds pretty buzzy for a tube amp. It is close miced so it should give some approximation of his general tone. It's all his sig gear so it should be pretty dialed in.
        he is playing it at conversation levels in an armchair though, and we all know how easy it is to replicate live tone when turning our rigs down to whisper volumes
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          they had the vinyl ALBUMS all spread out on a table, ya know, the full size covers, I was TRIPPIN' OUT on the cover art: Iron Maiden's Killers, Ozzy DOAM, and Sabbath Mob Rules...good times!
          All vinyl albums I still possess. I've got em all framed on my walls as art since I don't even have a turntable anymore.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            he is playing it at conversation levels in an armchair though, and we all know how easy it is to replicate live tone when turning our rigs down to whisper volumes
            There it is!

Comment

Working...
            X