Gus G playing different Randy and Jake riffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus G playing different Randy and Jake riffs

Not digging the tone myself, but then alot of people that aren't me thought Randy didn't have good tone anyways... Sounds "can of bees" like bad modeling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9q0rh8RNM
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Sound could be just overdriving the mics a bit, muddying things up. He has great balance between touch and attack though! Felt like fun! Thanks for sharing
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Wouldnt it be awesome if he got bit by the Jackson bug and we saw the neckthru star come back!.. that would be sweet..

Comment

When I saw them, he sounded like crap. Slash opened and he sounded terrible too.

He does have a sweet touch though. IMO he just doesn't fit on stage with Ozzy, but that's just me.

Comment

yeah, his sound is hideous - much like randy's, so, i guess all is good in the osbourne camp!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The sound is a bit too brittle and thin for me.
            But I do like to see he seems to be enjoying himself.
            Enjoy the ride. as much as you can.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Too much ZW influence on classic tunes to me.
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

How many "Randy tone haters" have heard any of his live bootlegs? He had great tone. Max Norman ruined it with his production work...and subsequently nuetered his live tone when he was brought in to make Tribute sound more like the albums.

You guys are gonna pass judgement on Gus's tone based on a Youtube clip that looks like it was recorded in a hotel room? Tough crowd.

Comment

I dunno, I guess I'm dumb because I've always liked Randy's guitar sound. That said, I'm way more attracted to guitars than amps.

After watching the clip, I'm confident in saying that I have zero desire to hear another note of his. Like Zakk, I'm sure he's a great guitar player, but I don't like hearing the Randy material raped.

Sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I liked Randy's live tone a lot. It's good on the new release as well.

As far as passing judgement on Gus' tone, I just think it sounds pretty buzzy for a tube amp. It is close miced so it should give some approximation of his general tone. It's all his sig gear so it should be pretty dialed in.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      I dunno, I guess I'm dumb because I've always liked Randy's guitar sound. That said, I'm way more attracted to guitars than amps.

After watching the clip, I'm confident in saying that I have zero desire to hear another note of his. Like Zakk, I'm sure he's a great guitar player, but I don't like hearing the Randy material raped.

Sully
                      You should see Zakk play some of Randys solos on the new dvd - he nails them. Figure he should be able to of course, but it was cool watching him play them up close like that, seriously he rips them to the T.

Comment

I loved the Diary of a Madman Tone.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                          You should see Zakk play some of Randys solos on the new dvd - he nails them. Figure he should be able to of course, but it was cool watching him play them up close like that, seriously he rips them to the T.
                          Saw it, and while I think that Zakk is a talented player, I respectfully disagree on the DVD stuff. It was actually one of the things that I didn't like about it. They should've had Max Norman playing the tracks, and interview the people that were there, not Ozzy's current band.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm not passing judgement on the youtube clip, I saw him live, and he sounded like shit. But I think it was more related to the venue, basketball arena, than the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              I dunno, I guess I'm dumb because I've always liked Randy's guitar sound.
                              I actually like some of those album tones as well...I can't imagine hearing the opening riffs to Crazy Train or Flying High Again with any other tone. That said, his overall sound is much thicker on some of the live bootlegs I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X