No announcement yet.

When you cross 1983 Shout At The Devil Motley Crue w/ Bullet For My Valentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 seconds. That's all the longer I made it.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Okay,,,in songs like this with that super fast double bass thing going on - are these drummers really kicking that fast, or is there some trick to it? I've always wondered this, because compared to the double bass I'm used to hearing in older songs, this seems a bit outrageous. Can someone explain this?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
        Okay,,,in songs like this with that super fast double bass thing going on - are these drummers really kicking that fast, or is there some trick to it? I've always wondered this, because compared to the double bass I'm used to hearing in older songs, this seems a bit outrageous. Can someone explain this?
        A bunch of Power, Thrash, Death, Black and Folk metal drummers make this drummer sound like he's playing a polka music. Yes it is real, metal drumming has gone to some new extremes over the years.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
          A bunch of Power, Thrash, Death, Black and Folk metal drummers make this drummer sound like he's playing a polka music. Yes it is real, metal drumming has gone to some new extremes over the years.
          I know what you mean,,,,I've seen some videos of songs a lot faster. But wow,,,,that is insane how they can go that fast with their feet!! I'm not into much new music or thrash, etc, and not being a drummer
          , I've always wondered if there is some trick pedal to playing that fast. First time I heard that, it was unreal. So just two feet, normal double bass ???? And I used to be amazed by Metallica's drummer back in the day,,,but this is a whole new level.

Comment

I know what you mean,,,,I've seen some videos of songs a lot faster. But wow,,,,that is insane how they can go that fast with their feet!! I'm not into much new music or thrash, etc, and not being a drummer
            , I've always wondered if there is some trick pedal to playing that fast. First time I heard that, it was unreal. So just two feet, normal double bass ???? And I used to be amazed by Metallica's drummer back in the day,,,but this is a whole new level.
            Lets see if he can handle the quad bass set up like Alex Van Halen.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

It helps if they are using pedals with really light beaters onto triggers to get a massive thundering kick sound, when in fact, on a real drum, it would sound like Wilksy Baby tapping from inside his Gimp-box under my bed.
              Anyway, my leg moves that fast when I get a nervous tic when I'm wanking...which is basically what those tosspot drummers are doing. I hate this kind of shit with a passion.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

And I used to be amazed by Metallica's drummer back in the day,,,but this is a whole new level.
                Dyers Eve is a great example of how fast Lars used to be. He can't, and doesn't even attempt, to play that fast any more.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

...ahhhhhh.. why is this even relevant?:dunno:
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

oh drums..like anything musicians keep pushing the envelope. Kicks became very essential in early black metal, thrah, and death metal. Drummers like Pete Sandavol, Dave Lombardo, Gene Hoglan, Richard Cristy, Mike Mangini, Dave Portnoy, Nick Barker, HELLHAMMER ect...all of then came from Neil Pert school. I know Endy knows much about studio, production stuff for drums..like proper miking, damping, acoustics, essential click tracks and triggers, and protools..which makes it sound even like a machine gun..

Those guys all evolved from amazing, famous early rock, prog and jazz players..you know who they are.

It just evolved. BUT as Endy, and many would certainly agree, the use of protools and triggers can make it sound much like a sterile drum machine. Way too "cut and paste" There is a fine line between a spit shine production and the human feel, and natural acoustics. For metal, I love Andy Sneap and Neil Kernon. To me, they both really know the art of doing both ..I love the guitar and drum sounds they always acheive. Even in bands I really don't care for..but they sound amazing (Killswitch Engage ect).
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

why is the singer singing into a speaker?
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        why is the singer singing into a speaker?
                        his voice is sooooo strong, he can force the music the wrong way up the pipe!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

then maybe we should listen through our ass for it to make sense. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "sounds like ass".
                          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            his voice is sooooo strong, he can force the music the wrong way up the pipe!
                            I imagine he spends quite a bit of time forcing things the wrong way up his pipe.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah I actually made myself watch some of this band's other official videos and it's pretty much Disneyfied Killswitch Engage with early motley crue makeup. These guys are the Hannah Montana of metal.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Horrible horrible band in every sense of the word. I came across this androgynous bunch on the BC Rich website and checked out their music to see if it was as gay as they look. It was worse.
                                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                                X