Loomis calls it quits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larz View Post

I don't believe Nevermore will never be anymore.
    Fixed.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I don't think it's terrible news. It's bad news for sure as NM was a killer band but I'm sure it will spawn 2 killer bands now or at least more Loomis and Dane solo material. I bet Attilla Voros is shitting a brick about now though.
      Wasn't he in Warrel's solo band and that got him the Nevermore gig? Might be additional job security for him with Warrel in whatever he decides to do. It's a shame but I hear their last album was not that great anyway. Good luck to everybody involved!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Jeff's solo album was better than Nevermore anyway, no horrible singing on it!
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Odd..

Curious to see what Jeff does next though.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
            Jeff's solo disc was very good. Warrel's was way better
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm not close friends with Van but keep in touch , Toejam I saw the same show you did , but in Miami & they were having problems Back then with Warrel. I hate to see these guys disband . Warrel & Jeff are in the front of the bands Eye but Van has rights to the name. He & Jeff write a majority of the Material. The Bass player was in Sanctuary with Dane so maybe they might kick up the old Band. I'm gonna Keep an Eye out for what Van & Jeff decide to do \m/
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                These guys are young enough to disband and reunite like 4 or 5 more times.
                Warrell Dane is 50 and a raging alcoholic. As much as I love Nevermore, I don't think so.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                  I'm not close friends with Van but keep in touch , Toejam I saw the same show you did , but in Miami & they were having problems Back then with Warrel. I hate to see these guys disband . Warrel & Jeff are in the front of the bands Eye but Van has rights to the name. He & Jeff write a majority of the Material. The Bass player was in Sanctuary with Dane so maybe they might kick up the old Band. I'm gonna Keep an Eye out for what Van & Jeff decide to do \m/
                  Sanctuary did get actually reunite last year, so it'll be interesting to see where things go. Never knew Van owned the rights to the Nevermore name, so that should be pretty interesting, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                    10-4 good buddy...I can't stand Warrel's voice.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                      Warrell Dane is 50 and a raging alcoholic. As much as I love Nevermore, I don't think so.
                      He's also a diabetic and that doesn't mix well with alcoholism. Maybe Jeff and Van don't want to be there when he kills himself from drink.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

On the 21st of April 2011, he along with Van Williams left Nevermore citing personal and musical differences with Warrel Dane.
                        Their last album wasn't that good, their solo albums were much better, so clearly the two can't work with eachother.

Comment

....fuck my ass!!!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Where the hell is Billz (horns666)? He'll be crushed!
                            ...Nevermore's breakup is like being kicked in the dick, balls, taint and ass at the same time!!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It's not all bad Billz, we didn't lose any of the musicians. It's not like Dime or something where you'll never see them play again. And similar to what mat said their solo stuff was at least as strong as Obsidian Conspiracy. An artist with the talent level of Jeff Loomis can only disappear if he wants to.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I just heard about this. I can't say I'm suprised after they cancelled the tour. Not to mention that the last album was just bad. Hopefully this means another Loomis solo album. Zero Order Phase gets regular play in my rotation.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X