Loomis calls it quits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loomis calls it quits!

First KK quits Judas priest. Now this! What the heck is happening??

http://www.msanthrope.com/blog/?p=1242
    Sam

Internal struggles = someone was being a dick.
    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

I wonder if Warrel will get Sanctuary up and running again or if he'll keep the nevermore name going.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Maybe KK will join Megadeth and Dave's ego will hit the British Wall?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Damn! I wanted to see them this Friday in NYC on tour with Symphony X. I'm kinda glad I didn't get tickets yet. I would have been pissed to get there and not see Nevermore.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is terrible news! Damn I was just listening to O.C. today too...

Comment

I don't think it's terrible news. It's bad news for sure as NM was a killer band but I'm sure it will spawn 2 killer bands now or at least more Loomis and Dane solo material. I bet Attilla Voros is shitting a brick about now though.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Bummer,
                I wish the best for Jeff. Hell of a guy.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Damn! I wanted to see them this Friday in NYC on tour with Symphony X. I'm kinda glad I didn't get tickets yet. I would have been pissed to get there and not see Nevermore.
                  Man, Nevermore w/o Loomis aint Nevermore in my book. They were the last show I went to last October in NYC. Great show and the first time I saw em.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

For me, before I got interested in playing the guitar, it was Warrel's singing that attracted me to nevermore in the first place. It sucks they're not going to be playing together anymore though. Maybe Chris will leave megadeth and become the permanent guitarist for NM? :idea:

Wonder who gets the rights to the band-name. :think:
                    Sam

Comment

Nu metal...lol.

Comment

faark! They were going to play here on my birthday this year.

Van & Jeff make a joint statement to leave because of "internal struggles" = someone is being a dick? Jim has had his own struggles lately, so that leaves Warrel...
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                          Man, Nevermore w/o Loomis aint Nevermore in my book. They were the last show I went to last October in NYC. Great show and the first time I saw em.
                          It's definitely not Nevermore. I saw them once on the DHIADW tour, I think it was 2002, at a local club here in NJ. Opeth opened up for them, but I really didn't know who they were at the time. It was a Thursday night, and a lot of people left after Opeth, so I moved up and got to stand directly in front of Jeff for their whole set.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Where the hell is Billz (horns666)? He'll be crushed!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

These guys are young enough to disband and reunite like 4 or 5 more times.

I don't believe Nevermore will never be more.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X