No announcement yet.

NAD: MESA/Boogie Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Channel 2 is plenty distorted with the Master at about noon on 90 watt mode. It goes from mild overdrive to ridiculous amounts of distortion. Actually it gets a really similar tone to the IIC mode of Channel 3 if the controls are dialed in just right!

Comment

good to know
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post
        John Petrucci is so impressed with the New Mark V's he's using it live now

I saw DT at the tower theater in Philly last Friday from the 3rd row, so I got a good listen to the backline before it hit the PA. John's sound was very good, but I did notice that it did get lost in the mix a couple times thruout the show as compared to his old rig........
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Those are dummy heads. His rack is sitting back behind the dummy cabs
          CURRENT GEAR SET UP
          2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
          1989 JACKSON KING V
          1984 JACKSON RR
          AXE FX II
          MESA BOOGIE 2:90
          DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
          FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
          (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
          (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Originally posted by KINGSFAN View Post
            Those are dummy heads. His rack is sitting back behind the dummy cabs

Nooooo.....Reallllly? Dude, I'm not an idiot. I was 3rd row and taller than everyone in rows 2 and 1. So close to the stage I could have spit and hit that row of MESA head shells. I could also see their kids jammin out behind Portnoy's drum riser, their wives hanging sidestage, Jordan rig back(side)stage and John Myung's rig behind the backdrop.....that's right, he had no visible amp on stage with him. And yes, Petrucci's monster rig was there to the right side out of the stage scene not behind it....and in that rig? A noticably visible Mark V head along with his other effects and goodies.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
            X