• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Waits*

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Great....thanks for bumping a 2-year-old thread.

Sure seems like a VINCE post!!

And WTF?? -- "If their other amps were better, KK and Glen would not have replaced them with the Pirahna!" You lost me there. They aren't using the ROCKTON PIRANHA now...so I guess there is something better?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        Great....thanks for bumping a 2-year-old thread.

Sure seems like a VINCE post!!

And WTF?? -- "If their other amps were better, KK and Glen would not have replaced them with the Pirahna!" You lost me there. They aren't using the ROCKTON PIRANHA now...so I guess there is something better?

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Wow, the Piranha has been gone for a long time.

Sounded fine, but I realized that a rack just was a waste of time. Replaced my Piranha/Lexicon fx unit/Marshall 9005 power amp run through a Marshall 1960 with Classic Leads with a modded JCM 800 2X12 combo. Sounds more organic and Marshally to me, and just needs a couple of pedals for perfection. Takes up half the space at most, and genuinely sounds better.

Comment

KK and Glen used the Pirahna because its a great piece of gear".Used it for quite some time too".They dont use anything new,went back to old amps to capture a different feel they once had,so as to keep refreshing their tone and not go sterile.I"m sure they wouldnt use a peice of gear if it were CRAP! The Pirahna gives that "HIGH OCTANE" rock sound that everyone wants more of from their Marshalls!

Comment

Amp heads are limited in their tone shaping possibilites'.thats why I dumped all the Marshall-Laney"s etc...I went to a Marshall 9200 and JMP-1 setup.The Pirahna far excells in performance compaired to the JMP-1. The JMP-1 Is great" But, the Pirahna Is "MAGICAL"!!

Comment

I've been using rack preamps for over 10 years now
                Ive owned the JMP-1 and still own a Piranha

What the Piranha has over the JMP-1 is more gain and a mid sweep
                The JMP-1 otoh has a better clean and less fizz in the OD channels

ADA MP-1 smokes them both in clean and useable gain IMO

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I had a Piranha but just sold it because it got replaced by a Peavey Rockmaster Preamp. That thing smokes!

Comment

Working...
                  X