• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
    Crate GTD15R. Nuff said.
    WTF would you know..your from Ohio..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Try a Rocktron Velocity 50C or D. Nice little amp with clean and distorted channels, head phone jack, line out jacks to connect a 4x12 cab if you wish. The D version has built in delay, the C has chorus and reverb. All this is pushed through 2 - 8" rocktron speakers. The only drawback I have found is no effects loop, but that's not a biggie. The distorted channel has a great distortion to it. All this and 50 Watts to boot for only two franklins. (I've seen them for less on ebay)
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Make sure it has a 12" speaker dude, its so important for a proper guitar tone imo. And yes I/dad have quite a few vintage tube amps with smaller to compare with, and the result is 12 or bust

JSX sounds great really quiet just as an add

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
          Make sure it has a 12" speaker dude, its so important for a proper guitar tone imo. And yes I/dad have quite a few vintage tube amps with smaller to compare with, and the result is 12 or bust

JSX sounds great really quiet just as an add
          Hail the 12"!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Got a Roland cube 15, can't play for crap, yet, but it sounds good to me!
            Anyone got a settings guide for different tone/distortion sounds from this amp?
            I have looked over at their site and not found anything helpful.

looking for something to help get better sound instead of messing with the knobs to get that old Dokken sound, or the sound on GNR albums...

Comment

Instead of creating a new thread, I’m gonna piggyback on this one since it’s a very similar question. My best amp is the SLO clone that jgcable sold me which still kicks major butt (Thanks John!). However, I’m moving to a cramped NYC apartment soon and this nor the 4x12 cab will not make the trip…I gotta have some closetspace!

I’m thinking of going either the combo route with the Tech 21 or a Roland Cube series OR figuring out if one of those guitar processers, like the Korg Pandora’s box, are any good thru computer speakers. I’d think I’d be happier with the combo versus the computer speakers, but if anyone has had success with this, please let me know. I basically play with 2 channels: A real dry heavy distortion (in spades w the SLO) and a clean w a little chorus, maybe some delay.

I figure the Tech 21’s are better quality than the Roland but they’re more $$ right? Also, each of these brands have several models Tech 21 10, 30, 60. I figure the 30’s got more oomph than the 10, but is the distortion anywhere near that of the SLO? Those with these specific models please speak up! Thanks!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

http://chappellamps.com/
                im fixing to buy one

Comment

I've used a Korg PX4 through my stereo as a practice thing for a few years. It sounds pretty damn good for what it is. The first track on my myspace page "Trogdor Was a Man" is all PX4 with a $99 Chinese guitar - that was my "I live in a dorm and don't want to have anything loud or valuable sitting around" rig.

Comment

Go with a VOX. The AD30VT is great for an "Attached Living" situation. The amp has a "power adjustment" that I suppose works like an attenuator, which you can use to set the output from as little as 0.5w up to 30w. I wont lie and tell you that it sounds like a real tube amp, but man it does sound freaking great! And they're only like $250 new.

Check out YouTube as well, there's lots of clips out there of just about every amp you can think of.

-Steve
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

The more reviews I see about the about the Tech 21 Trademark, the more I’m digging it, specifically, the Tech 21 Trademark 60, since it comes with the footswitch and has a loop bypass, which works for me since I use only chorus and maybe a tiny delay for the clean sound, and go completely dry for distortion.

I know I’d be happier with a plug and play rig compared to rigging up something with stereo or computer speakers. Plus, I didn’t know the Trademark has the sansamp circuitry in it. I was actually toying with getting a sansamp by itself for a portable rig.

Those who have used/heard the Trademark 60, please let me know your thoughts. Don’t make me start a new thread!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

+2 on Roland Cube-30 ... you just need to experiment a bit with the controls to find your best sound (too many people say it sounds bad, without tweaking things properly ... you do need to experiment a fair bit with settings on any modeling amp).

Or, if you have more cash, and don't mind a combo twice the size, then a used Flextone II or III is very good imho. Eg, I have more expensive amps, but at home I use a Flextone-II all the time (because it just sounds great as far as I'm concerned ... my students use my Cube-30, and that sounds pretty good too).

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                          The more reviews I see about the about the Tech 21 Trademark, the more I’m digging it, specifically, the Tech 21 Trademark 60, since it comes with the footswitch and has a loop bypass, which works for me since I use only chorus and maybe a tiny delay for the clean sound, and go completely dry for distortion.

I know I’d be happier with a plug and play rig compared to rigging up something with stereo or computer speakers. Plus, I didn’t know the Trademark has the sansamp circuitry in it. I was actually toying with getting a sansamp by itself for a portable rig.

Those who have used/heard the Trademark 60, please let me know your thoughts. Don’t make me start a new thread!
                          Do those have instrument-level or line-level loops? I've got the Trademark 300 head, and it's got both parallel and series effects loops, but they're line level and don't work that well with effects pedals that are made to be used with instrument-level loops. I use a half-space rack Boss SE-50 processor in there with great results, but pedals don't seem to do that well.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                            I've used a Korg PX4 through my stereo as a practice thing for a few years. It sounds pretty damn good for what it is. The first track on my myspace page "Trogdor Was a Man" is all PX4 with a $99 Chinese guitar - that was my "I live in a dorm and don't want to have anything loud or valuable sitting around" rig.

+1 - I've been using a PX4 for about a year for my late night playing, fantasic piece of equipment. I plug headphones into it directly. It also has an aux plug for your mp3 player to jam along with.
                            Last edited by stevoc; 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM.
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Fender Pro Jr. or Peavey Windsor Studio amp

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                                I'm still happy with my Micro Cube - and at $125 shipped, the price is hard to beat!
                                yup, they are great practice amps, I love mine.

you can find these new on eBay for $99 shipped.
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X